Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

02 - see what you can do so we don't have too!

Options
  • 03-03-2009 9:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭

I recently had a moisture damage problem with my E51. I wanted to send it off for a quick fix using my insurance policy. I presumed having spent well over €500 on insurance over the years that this would be fine.I got told I would have to pay €35 before anyone lifts a finger. I understand the terms & condition state this but I just naively thought as a loyal customer that it might be wavered.

I got in touch with the customer care team and asked if my upgrade could be brought forward from the end of March by 1 month to save us all the hassle, but I got a stern "no" from the CC team? Not very accommodating to a loyal customer. However I did get a generous offer of compensating me for the €35 by offsetting this amount from my next bill....result I hear you say.....not really. I'm still waiting to see the money credited to my account a few weeks later?

So I'm still using my dodgy E51 that seems like aliens have been messing with it and I'm stuck waiting for my upgrade to kick in.

Poor show O2 with false promises and no flexibility for valued customers.....Blackberry storm with the red side seems very inviting!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Pete67

Don't understand - if you are still using the dodgy phone then presumably you did not pay the 35euro to get it repaired, so why would O2 have refunded money you did not pay in the first place??? Puzzled tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

sparrowcar wrote: »
    I got told I would have to pay €35 before anyone lifts a finger.
    All insurance has excess
    I understand the terms & condition state this but I just naively thought as a loyal customer that it might be wavered.
    I really hate when people use the word "loyal". You signed a contract accepting that you would have to pay €35 excess in the event of a claim so that's what you should pay. Their policies are their policies and you must follow them whether you joined yesterday or were their first ever customer. Also it's usually the people who spend €5 a month harping on about how loyal they are (not saying you're one of them)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I recently had a moisture damage problem with my E51. I wanted to send it off for a quick fix using my insurance policy. I presumed having spent well over €500 on insurance over the years that this would be fine.I got told I would have to pay €35 before anyone lifts a finger. I understand the terms & condition state this but I just naively thought as a loyal customer that it might be wavered.

I got in touch with the customer care team and asked if my upgrade could be brought forward from the end of March by 1 month to save us all the hassle, but I got a stern "no" from the CC team? Not very accommodating to a loyal customer. However I did get a generous offer of compensating me for the €35 by offsetting this amount from my next bill....result I hear you say.....not really. I'm still waiting to see the money credited to my account a few weeks later?

So I'm still using my dodgy E51 that seems like aliens have been messing with it and I'm stuck waiting for my upgrade to kick in.

Poor show O2 with false promises and no flexibility for valued customers.....Blackberry storm with the red side seems very inviting!

The €35 excess is Phonecovers policy not o2's, thats who you have insurance with, the bringing forward of upgrades is an absolute no-no these days so theres nothing they'll do about that,and if they have credited you 35 quid it would show on the next bill, doesnt matter if you've been on the network for 10 years and had insurance you still have to pay the 35 to claim it, t&cs you agreed to when you took out the insurance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

an offer to credit you 35eur to cover the perfectly reasonable excess has o2 winning this argument if you ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

I just needed to vent my anger.... :o:rolleyes:

I just got a text from o2 wishing me a happy birthday and a thank you for being a loyal customer..... the irony! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

the 35e is the excess, this is normal for insurance...its not about loyality its about the policy you signed up for.

Just because you feel like you should get it for free or reduced doesn't mean you should,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Jesus lads, go easy on him its his birthday.

Wait until tomorrow and then you can abuse him all you like!!!

That said if O2 are offering to pay the excess, then problem sorted really.
    AFAIK (but may be wrong) if you request one from phonecover they'll give you a courtesy phone t use while yours is away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Musha

God I hate people who blah blah blah customer for years! always paid my bill! blah blah On hold for half an hour blah blah.
    A customer is a customer if they paid €5 a mth or €500 people should expect the highest level of care, but not special treatment over and above the physical capiblities of the agent taking the call just because you are you.
    I can safely say that all the customers that ring a call center are a "bing bing" in the headset agent handles the call to the best of their ablity and training and on to the next one, of about 70 people on an average day.

Rant Over :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Blackberry storm with the red side seems very inviting!

Yea....don't get one of those. I won't say any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Gillo wrote: »
    Jesus lads, go easy on him its his birthday.

Wait until tomorrow and then you can abuse him all you like!!!
    Sorry Gillo, happy birthday sparrowcar

*eagerly awaits 12 O'clock* :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Is it safe to come out yet? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭D-Boy

Ha ha ha!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

I just needed to vent my anger.... :o:rolleyes:

I just got a text from o2 wishing me a happy birthday and a thank you for being a loyal customer..... the irony! :D

but you didnt spend the €35 so how can you get it credit to your account?

Advertisement