Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Free Install Issue

Options
  • 03-03-2009 10:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭

I ordered Eircom BB online on the 27th of Jan - I got the confirmation on the the 29th - the free install deal ended on the 28th and now they are charging me the full installation!

Anyone had this with them before - they are basically saying tough luck!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

dougdub wrote: »
    I ordered Eircom BB online on the 27th of Jan - I got the confirmation on the the 29th - the free install deal ended on the 28th and now they are charging me the full installation!

Anyone had this with them before - they are basically saying tough luck!

You signed up to a free installation deal and it's not your problem that they delayed in processing your order. If they didn't want people who signed up on the 27th to get free installation they should have ended the deal then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭dougdub

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    You signed up to a free installation deal and it's not your problem that they delayed in processing your order. If they didn't want people who signed up on the 27th to get free installation they should have ended the deal then
    I hear you but they don't they are the biggest shower of chancers I have ever come across.

The agent on the phone says it will be charged on the bill as the 29th as thats when it appears on their system! I am livid! the only reason I signed up was because it was free and I needed the full install which is €121!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

dougdub wrote: »
    I hear you but they don't they are the biggest shower of chancers I have ever come across.

The agent on the phone says it will be charged on the bill as the 29th as thats when it appears on their system! I am livid! the only reason I signed up was because it was free and I needed the full install which is €121!

This is a common problem with eircom, complete lack of accountability. Unfortunately if they won't budge your only options are to keep calling them until they refund you (since they most likely will take the money) or take them to the small claims court which costs €15 which you won't get back when you win

You might also call comreg about this. They'll be able to advise you about what to do but they won't take action until you send in a formal complaint letter and wait two weeks for eircom to respond

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭alexmcred

Ring comreg and see what they say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

eircom were advertising the free install during February too, did it really end for a few days at the end of January, only to be brought back a few days later? That seems rather strange.

Where did you place the order, online? If you did, do you have a print off of the order, with the date on it? Just because they took 2 days to process the order, doesn't mean you should have to pay.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭dougdub

jor el wrote: »
    eircom were advertising the free install during February too, did it really end for a few days at the end of January, only to be brought back a few days later? That seems rather strange.

Where did you place the order, online? If you did, do you have a print off of the order, with the date on it? Just because they took 2 days to process the order, doesn't mean you should have to pay.

I ordered online and the email didn't come through until the 29th! I never thought anything of it at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

You could cancel everything under Cooling Off period, if it's been less than 7 days since you received the service. http://www.consumerconnect.ie/eng/Hot_Topics/FAQs/Online-shopping/6_The_cooling-off_period.html If it's outside this, you may still have a case, but would probably need to go to the small claims court to get your money back, or stop them from charging you.

The free install offer is running again on their site now. It also states "You will receive an email from our customer services team in 2-4 working days", which would imply that they know there is a delay from accepting your order, to when the confirmation is sent.

Ring and ask for a supervisor, and threaten the small claims court if they don't take the charge off the bill. If you've signed up for direct debit, cancel it now, until this is sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

i also got a phone line connected free using this offer, i ordered on sunday 25th of january but got no confirmation until the morning of the 28th but eircom's own records will show your order was placed on time as i rang them to confirm my number and they could see the exact time i had signed up online!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Free phone connection is on all of March ,

CURRENT eircom offers are always printed HERE

http://www.eircom.ie/About/Activities/internet_special_offer.pdf

READ it carefully AND print it out before you order as the bill will not appear until after the offer expires.

New line comes with minimum 6 month contract ...not month to month !

Advertisement