Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Works at Lucan Golf Course,Millstream Road

• 03-03-2009 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

Hey folks, wondering if somebody could shed some light as to what exactly is going on at lucan golf course, they have been digging it up for months.

I have to pass by it every morning and the last few mornings i have had to overtake at least 4/5 trucks that are parked outside it, very very dangerous as there is never anyone directing. also cars fly up the hill so it could easily cause an accident.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

As far as I know they are laying pipes to allow excess water from Adamstown to run off into the Liffey.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭dub0605

yom 1 yes it is water to do with adamstown, i have now found out after serveral calls to SDCC.

They were very unhelpful regarding the dangerous parking of lorries and advised me to ring the company siac directly who are doing the works!!!! finally got onto the project manager who tells me he will get it sorted asap....we'll see!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭madds

This work should be complete by mid-April.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Plans and stuff are on display in the library beside superquinn / dunnes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I live on the top of Millstream road, correct, as people suggested it's to do with water pipes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭doolox

The thing is a containment pond for rainwater from Adamstown which hopes to prevent flooding in the lower lying areas of Lucan as what happened in 2003 or so when the village got flooded from the Griffeen river overflowing.
    The lorries are parked there to remove soil and rock to make the pond and anytime I have been there a buiilder was on the road to supervise things.
    You got the usual geniuses trying to turn right off the golf course road onto Millstream Rd who were causing more trouble than the trucks.
    Access to the N4 is blocked, no doubt contributing to the jams from Hillcrest Drive out onto the Newcastle Rd.
    It will be a great country when its finished.

Advertisement