Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fallout3 + DLC's

• 03-03-2009 11:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭

I have questions for people who are playing F3 with dlc installed. Can I install dlc and still play the original game?

The reason I'm asking is I'm getting close to 20level cap and I heard that 2nd or 3rd dlc is going to increase cap to 30 level.

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Yeah you can, my girlfriend played the DLC, you can go back to the main quest at any stage (if that's what you meant)

You can, but I'm just after playing through Fallout with my second character. I'm leaving some of the main side quests till the new DLC comes out, because when you hit level 20, you don't gain XP any more.

Therefore, when I download the new DLC, I'll play the quests, and get the benefit of the XP they provide on completion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭gino85

You can, but I'm just after playing through Fallout with my second character. I'm leaving some of the main side quests till the new DLC comes out, because when you hit level 20, you don't gain XP any more.

Therefore, when I download the new DLC, I'll play the quests, and get the benefit of the XP they provide on completion.

lvl cap will only increase after the 3rd dlc is released

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Will they retroactively assign XP for completed quests where the level was capped? I know I'm just after hitting Level 20 a while back and I finished a couple of quests.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

gino85 wrote: »
    lvl cap will only increase after the 3rd dlc is released

anyone knows when the third one is going to be released?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

the 3rd dlc will take events past the end of the original game i hear,
    for that to be possible it has to be with a new character
    so it doesnt really matter if ur character is at level 20 or not from my understanding of it
    unless all the xp levels and perks and what not carry over

unless im missing something from what has been said by them on this dlc ? what do yee think? the level 30 cap will really only benifit a new character in the original game or if you go back to do quests left undone in a previous save? but all those have been based around a cap of 20 @ which ur pretty much a god of the wasteland all tooled up with goodies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

As far as I know, the third DLC will actually
    change the ending, so you'll be able to continue with the same character. Hopefully it doesn't mean Sarah has to sacrifice herself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭gino85

Mr. K wrote: »
    As far as I know, the third DLC will actually
    change the ending, so you'll be able to continue with the same character. Hopefully it doesn't mean Sarah has to sacrifice herself!

from what ive read
    u take the roll of a BoS or outcast member

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

docentore wrote: »
    anyone knows when the third one is going to be released?

The Pitt

The Pitt is the second downloadable content pack, and
    allows the player to journey to the industrial raider town known as The Pitt, located in the remains of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
    The Pitt will be released on March 24, 2009 on Xbox Live and Games for Windows Live.

Broken Steel

Broken Steel is the third downloadable content pack, and
    continues the story of Fallout 3 beyond the original ending. In the pack, the player joins the ranks of the Brotherhood of Steel and helps rid the Capital Wasteland of the Enclave once and for all.
    The pack will also raise the game's level cap from 20 to 30. Broken Steel will be released in April 2009 on Xbox Live and Games for Windows Live.

As a result of the game-breaking bugs reported earlier today, developer Bethesda Softworks has decided to temporarily remove The Pitt DLC for Fallout 3 from the Xbox Live Marketplace. Hoping to work out the issues with the DLC as soon as possible, a Bethesda staffer posted the following notice on the company's official blog:

"We are continuing to look into the issues people are experiencing with The Pitt for Xbox 360. As of now it looks like the file for the English version on Xbox Live was somehow corrupted. We are currently working with Microsoft to remove the existing file off of Live to prevent any further downloads. Our plan is to replace it with a new file as soon as possible. We hope to have another update for you shortly."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Hopefully, it'll be ready for Friday. Off for a couple of days, and I'm going to dedicate one to getting some headway in Saints Row 2 and Fallout 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Dunno how Broken Steel will change the ending.
    Maybe when it blacks out you wake up in a hospital ward, being called "very lucky" to have survived......somehow, or if you sent Sarah in, the game continues but during the subsequent missions the BoS will bitch to you over sacrificing Sarah

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Dunno how Broken Steel will change the ending.
    Maybe when it blacks out you wake up in a hospital ward, being called "very lucky" to have survived......somehow, or if you sent Sarah in, the game continues but during the subsequent missions the BoS will bitch to you over sacrificing Sarah

or
    Maybe you take over for her??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Finished the Pitt fully last nyt, took around 4 hours total and that including getting all 100 ingots. Some cool stuff you get for collecting 10,20,30 and so on of them.

Better than operation anchorage but it still all felt a little too short for 10euro. I love F3 so I will never complain. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

How many M$ points is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

LD 50 wrote: »
    How many M$ points is it?

Advertisement