Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Demerit Points on an Irish Licence?

Options
  • 03-03-2009 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to get demerit points on an Irish licence? I can't really find a definitive answer on this. It seems like offences go on your record but you can't get points?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

ballooba wrote: »
    Is it possible to get demerit points on an Irish licence? I can't really find a definitive answer on this. It seems like offences go on your record but you can't get points?

Have you fallen off the motoring forum ??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Zambia232 wrote: »
    Have you fallen off the motoring forum ??
    Valid question. I think this thread is more relevant here though.

I got my answer anyway. A definite no.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Traq

Glad to hear it. I was wondering what the answer to this was myself as I managed to pick up a demerit point just the other week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

You can be fined if you still drive on your Irish licence after being in the country either 3 or 6 months .. I cannot remember which, I think 6 months

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Traq

Yeah, I need to sort myself out with a VIC licence sometime soon. I'm sure that as soon as I do that, the demerit point will be put on it...

I actually double checked with the RTA. You can and will be suspended if you get 14 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Mobooo

If you get caught drink driving at home you can still get a licence here man. makes no sense but its good for us... also if the polish dont get points in our country why should we outside the EU.

Thinkin of racking up a few speeding tickets or something?

Mobooo wrote: »
    also if the polish dont get points in our country why should we outside the EU.
    Whether we should or not is irrelevant. We do. I've confirmed with the RTA.
    Mobooo wrote: »
    Thinkin of racking up a few speeding tickets or something?
    Already have.:o

Advertisement