Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Sunderland MAtch Thread 8pm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

Should be on; http://www.ustream.tv/channel/542418

Going for a 0-0 in this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Dave! wrote: »
    Already? :D

My mate texted me to say Mascherano is playing RB, is he mistaken? :confused:

Your mate was right.

"Charles N'Gog", nice one for the chuckle Redknapp.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

mascherano at right back....if its because darby is injured fair enough. Would much prefer to see Babel up top than Ngog. A player I just dont like at all. For all the Babel haters i still hold hope hes going to come good. Though hes never given a chance up front.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Kuyt Ngog front two according to Sky - Benayoun on the right Gerrard in the centre.

They also said that Carra asked not to be played as RB :confused:

Reina
    Masch Carra Skrtel Insua
    Benayoun Gerrard Alonso Riera
    Kuyt Ngog

Also - Riera is out of the Real match so that probably increased the case for playing him tonight.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I really hate tyler/gray

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

How have they lined up then ? Gerrard at RB would make more sense than Masch even thought it's been years since he's played that role

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,455 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

that is a truly shocking attempt from Jones - a truly terrible effort. unbelievable how bad an effort that was. just shockingly terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Shocking miss from Jones.

Missed the build up but why did Reina back away giving him the whole goal to shoot at?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

My God,

Ive been saying it all the time, Jones is an average player at best,

Terrible effort

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,310 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Good save Pepe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭darkskol

get out of jail free there with jones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

its on tvu channel 73829.

Good save Pepe
    i don't think it was - it was a weak shot hit almost straight at him; if he hadn't saved it, it would have been a shockingly poor piece of goalkeeping.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭internelligent

Not liking too much what I'm reading here!

Bit early to be shooting everytime we get within 25 yards, no?

• Advertisement

Liverpool with a bit of pressure - on another day that could have been a peno.

benni doing well again, shame about the one touch too many he takes a lot of the time

How can Gray say Sunderland are in charge lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Sunderland are on top so far and should be ahead, horrible miss by Jones.

Dont like what I'm seeign of NGog's shooting. Very much Cisse-like head down and whack it. Seem to remmber him doing the same on Sat.

• Advertisement

Aidric wrote: »
    Sunderland are on top so far and should be ahead, horrible miss by Jones.

what?

Sunderland have had one chance, that they should have scored from, but its liverpool in possession and putting the pressure on.

ngog on yellow now

darkskol wrote: »
    ngog on yellow now

waste of 1.5 million so far from what ive seen of him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Christsake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

joe123 wrote: »
    waste of 1.5 million so far from what ive seen of him.

Good moment there from him. Chased the punt into the channel and showed good pace and strength to get there with the defender and muscle him off it. Nice delivery too.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Good moment there from him. Chased the punt into the channel and showed good pace and strength to get there with the defender and muscle him off it. Nice delivery too.

I hope im proved wrong!

nice bit of skill there by ngog

Oh man, I'd rain down the crosses on these fullbacks. That's a couple of poor defensive headers in succession.

So far we've managed to get the ball out wide well - particularly on the right flank which is operating well thus far...

His bit of pointless Cristiano Ronaldo-ism better not be his most significant contribution to the game.

joe123 wrote: »
    I hope im proved wrong!

I do agree with you FWIW - he's looked terrible for the vast majority of his playing time before tonight.

• Advertisement

Great battling from Insua. Fully in control now, just need to turn pressure into a clearcut opportunity.

Aurelio must be getting very uncomfortable watching this match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Oooh unlucky Riera

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Good save.

unlucky Masch

Great save from Riera's deflected right foot effort. Keeper then confidently leaves a wicked shot from Masch to go over the bar.

Mmm, another keeper comes to Anfield and lifts his game :(

Sunerland just seem to raise their game in these situations. One team in the "Big 4" at home drew 0-0 and another needed a late lucky goal to beat them

Gonna be another one of those days by the looks of things.

On a brighter note, hot damn how Insua impresses me every time I've seen him. Looks clever and technically assured. Remains to be seen how well he defends of course, but that is the side of the game that you can improve upon at his age.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭kingshankly

we have absoloute no width its all through the middle which is easier to defend our wide men keep coming inside :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Sunerland just seem to raise their game in these situations. One team in the "Big 4" at home drew 0-0 and another needed a late lucky goal to beat them

They rolled over last year..during an evening match too..:(

we were doing well earlier with benni playing the ball in out from the right need to get back to that.

Sunderland get caught high up the pitch and Masch ends up shooting wide from a decent sight of goal on the right hand side of the box.

Then Riera spins a good ball into the near post and Ngog is well challenged by Ferdinand with the keeper looking uncertain behind.

Ultimately, the clearest opportunity of the first half was spurned by the visitors. We've dominated most of the territory and possession but have failed to really carve them open. Harrumph - we've seen this before huh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

yawn fest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

Sunderland gonna really park the bus in this second half now i think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

i hope i stay awake for the second half. i just about managed the first

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

what time is shameless on at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Once again Liverpool well on top but no goal - apart from the Jones chance early on Sunderland created pretty much nothing and were living on scraps.

Kuyt - dropping deep a lot possibly as a result of Masch at RB reasonable, involved in a lot without really looking like scoring
    Ngog - reasonable overall; should have done better from Alonso’s through ball ; bit of nerves for the yellow silly tackle ; did well to win a nothing ball from Skrtel; grafted well, seemed to be trying to force things a bit, well involved in the game. Long term I think he's worth a shout - I think he looks like a footballer but I do think that may be a way of as he looks like he has a fair bit to go in terms of his development. However the basics look to be there.

Benayoun - Tasty mazy run early on, a lot of passes through him early on in the half , looked really in form, not as involved as the half went on
    Gerrard - didn’t really see a lot of the ball and most of the ball he say was too far from goal, some poor deadballs, very unimpressive performance by his standards
    Alonso - not very involved - nice thorigh ball to Ngog and nice one to Kuyt apart fom that didnt do a hell of a lot
    Riera - continued out of form initially but came into the game as it went on nice effort to worry the keep, still looked a bit patchy

Insúa - under no pressure defensively, possibly hampered by Reira’s performance in front of him, very solid - Start flogging Dossena back to Italy now
    Masch - not a RB esp going forward, fair but don’t really want to ever see him play RB again - decent effort to clip the bar
    Skrtel - solid as ever - did a good job providing cover for Masch on the right
    Carra - solid def - didn’t do a lot offensively probably more at fault for the Jones chance early on but after that Carra and Skrtel really marshalled Jones well. Might be helped by the fact that Jones is coming back from injury
    Reina - did well for the Jones chance, other than that his usual calm self

Trilla wrote: »
    yawn fest
    Iang87 wrote: »
    i hope i stay awake for the second half. i just about managed the first

Easy to sort out then stop watching.

N'Gog's first touch needed to be better there, good play from Yossi.

And then, bah - Yossi can't get his header on target.

Yossi has started the half very positively.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement