Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Sunderland MAtch Thread 8pm

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,520 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Shouldn't read as an attack on you? Merely agreeing with the content.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭coco06

I always thought it was wrong to boo the opposition at a match but now fans booing their own is a disgrace. What doesnt help is the fact i remember last year a manager, cant remember who saying it was ok for the fans to do this because of the ticket price and the wage a player receives so it is no wonder the fans are doing it.

There is nothing being done about it so they will continue to do it unfortunatly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

i didnt particularly like lucas coming on. dunno why ppl would boo tho. seems a bit retarded. who the f**k do they want to come on instead? Batman?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Jazzy wrote: »
    who the f**k do they want to come on instead? Batman?

That would be fúcking awesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭mada999

not a bad display by Liverpool in the second half....

if that team was put out against boro we would have won imo.... Benny has hit a great streek of form...he's possibly one of the few players who can actually beat an opposition player... 2 up front from the start is the way to go against teams when we play at home....rest players when we are ahead.

thought Insua had a good game he looks the real deal.
    Thought Ngog was good also...would like to see him get a game again up front (not an important game)..
    Thought Riera was a bit dodgy tbh...

that is all...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

mada999 wrote: »
    not a bad display by Liverpool in the second half....

if that team was put out against boro we would have won imo.... Benny has hit a great streek of form...he's possibly one of the few players who can actually beat an opposition player... 2 up front from the start is the way to go against teams when we play at home....rest players when we are ahead.

thought Insua had a good game he looks the real deal.
    Thought Ngog was good also...would like to see him get a game again up front (not an important game)..
    Thought Riera was a bit dodgy tbh...

that is all...

Its not Rocket Science .........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭lint316

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    Its not Rocket Science .........
    What good is comments like to anyone???? Unbelievable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Unbelievable Jeff!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

i never said robbie keane didnt get enough chances i thought he got plenty of chances to prove his worth and he wasn't up to it. why shouldn't they boo lucas. he tries his heart out but hasn't lived up to next or near the hype that surrounded him when he came. At this stage bringing on lucas must almost give opposition sides a lift, not because hits him but simply because teams will think ok their settling now on this lets give it a go and we've been caught by that this year.

To say booing is retarded is actually quite retarded, its simply the opposite of cheering your team and when the team is absolutely awful at times why should they be cheered.

I was basically stating that they're entitled to boo and vent their feelings towards the team. Dirk Kuyt tries hard every game right so people can honestly tell me that everytime he miscontrols a ball or makes a ballox of an attack you'll just turn around and say 'well he tries hard so leave hijm off'. Its bull**** the team need to know what their fans think of them rather than having a false sense of you're doing ok.

So as i asked earlier and what was ignored. are the 40000 liverpool fans who booed after the fulham and man city games plastic fans, retarded fans, stupid people. or are they just pissed off cos their team was in the best possible position to go for the title in nearly 20 years and they've watched them throw it away?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

lint316 wrote: »
    What good is comments like to anyone???? Unbelievable

Its was a nice way of saying ,
    Jesus as a LIVERPOOL fan are you only start to think that Now ,personally would have thought most 5 year olds knew that already.But that could have been seen as a personal attack or something so instead I post a nice little comment using a very common used saying to share my views .

Ps sorry if I got you off the high horse :D

Iang87 wrote: »
    i never said robbie keane didnt get enough chances i thought he got plenty of chances to prove his worth and he wasn't up to it. why shouldn't they boo lucas. he tries his heart out but hasn't lived up to next or near the hype that surrounded him when he came. At this stage bringing on lucas must almost give opposition sides a lift, not because hits him but simply because teams will think ok their settling now on this lets give it a go and we've been caught by that this year.

To say booing is retarded is actually quite retarded, its simply the opposite of cheering your team and when the team is absolutely awful at times why should they be cheered.

I was basically stating that they're entitled to boo and vent their feelings towards the team. Dirk Kuyt tries hard every game right so people can honestly tell me that everytime he miscontrols a ball or makes a ballox of an attack you'll just turn around and say 'well he tries hard so leave hijm off'. Its bull**** the team need to know what their fans think of them rather than having a false sense of you're doing ok.

So as i asked earlier and what was ignored. are the 40000 liverpool fans who booed after the fulham and man city games plastic fans, retarded fans, stupid people. or are they just pissed off cos their team was in the best possible position to go for the title in nearly 20 years and they've watched them throw it away?

Please No...Another Liverpool Match Thread turns into a Robbie Keane debate...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Please No...Another Liverpool Match Thread turns into a Robbie Keane debate...

ok if you read any other posts you'd realise someone else tried put words in my mouth and i was trying to clear it up

Booing your own team is stupid.

You support that team and want them to do well, no team on earth plays better when being booed rather than being cheered on. It is quite simple.

When a game is over then booing becomes more acceptable for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Just to highlight the idiocy of the "fans" who were booing Lucas.

IMO what happened was that Ngog, a striker, who had a great game was taken off and Lucas, a midfielder, came on to replace him.

Some of the boo boys looked at this and assumed it was a change from 4-4-2 to 4-5-1.

They thought it was a case of Rafa shutting up shop against a side who it looked like we might notch up another goal or two against.

What these "fans" didnt realise was that it was a case of Lucas replacing Gerrard in midfield and releasing Gerrard to play up-front where he poses so much more threat.

I think it's was more of a case of the booing being aimed at the change in formation combined with the fact that Lucas was just unlucky in that he has been booed before.

FFS how stupid do you have to be to boo a player coming on to the pitch? It's not as the player is actually having a bad game himself yet. When I heard the booing I thought to myself "hope he scores a goal" As it happens he didnt but he still had a decent enough twenty minutes.

As for it being loud enough to pick up on the television mics, I think it was a case of wher some of the mics being located very close to the fans. Before half-time when the one minute injury time board went up, I could quite clearly hear someone moan "Ah FFS just blow this sh*t up now" Could well have been one of the individuals who was part of the booing later.

Booing one of your own players is moronic

Booing one of your own players just as he steps onto the pitch, before he has even had a chance to touch the ball???? There just arent the words :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭lint316

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    Its was a nice way of saying ,
    Jesus as a LIVERPOOL fan are you only start to think that Now ,personally would have thought most 5 year olds knew that already.But that could have been seen as a personal attack or something so instead I post a nice little comment using a very common used saying to share my views .

Ps sorry if I got you off the high horse :D
    Of my high horse aye. Id say youd know a thing or two about horses being from Waterford :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

joe123 wrote: »
    And he wasnt given enough chances. You obviously dont play and/or dont understand football if you think you can be taken on and off not played/played for 20 mins score then dropped score then dropped and see players who are not as good as you start ahead of you or even start ahead of you on the bench.

What do you think that does to a players confidence and morale?

build a bridge and get the f*ck over it :rolleyes:

build a bridge and get the f*ck over it :rolleyes:

Just to translate this:

Ignore Rafa's mistakes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

I have a feeling a certain few claiming to be Liverpool fan's in here would have prefered Liverpool lost yesterday just to have another go at Benitez.

I have a feeling a few of the fans in here are deluded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Again, that word deluded!! How many times does that f*cking word need to be used on these pages!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

monkey9 wrote: »
    Again, that word deluded!! How many times does that f*cking word need to be used on these pages!!

Not anymore in this thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement