Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

parking in estates

Options
  • 03-03-2009 12:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Hi , i live in 5 oaks in drogheda and was wondering if anyone else on here does too and if they have also noticed the huge increase in the number of Hi-ace vans & people carriers coming and going into the early hours of the night and blocking parts of residents driveways for hours at a time in the last couple of weeks? Does anyone know what the law is or if there are any with regards to parking? Thanks;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

its the travellers thing again isnt it?
    if they are parked legally then there is nothing you can do.

perhaps you should just try to get over the fact that your estate wont always be populated by nice white folk like yourself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 5oaksdrogheda

Read the post subway, my concern and query is in regard to parking and nothing else as is stated in my post and dont make assumptions where do i claim to be nice or white for that matter :p however getting back to the post I would imagine that having ones driveway half blocked and in-accessible for hours at a time by a total stranger ANY Stranger, ANY colour, Any Etnicity is bad form. ie couldnt even get my car into my own drive.
    Constructive, relevant comments / advise much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Blocking access to a drive way is illegal. Call the Gardai.

Advertisement