Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting rid of a mattress in Cork

Options
  • 03-03-2009 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭

Anyone know how to get rid of a mattress in Cork? I want to get a new one but don't want to be stuck with a very large old one. Will any shop that people know of remove old one when delivering new one? Can I call the council and request them to take it away?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

Ludo wrote: »
    Anyone know how to get rid of a mattress in Cork? I want to get a new one but don't want to be stuck with a very large old one. Will any shop that people know of remove old one when delivering new one? Can I call the council and request them to take it away?

Thanks.

Don't know of any scheme in place except a trip to your local dump, which will cost you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Yeah getting it there is the problem. Don't mind paying a few quid as long as I can be guaranteed it will be disposed of properly and not dumped around the corner by some cowboy in a hiace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

petrol + match ftw?

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Typewriter

Take a walk around your area looking out for skips. When/if you find one take note of where it is then later on tonight (much later) take your mattress for a late night walk and dump it in the skip. Even if the skip is full just leave it leaning against it. Get some help from a friend or two, it'ill be a laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

towel401 wrote: »
    petrol + match ftw?

you'd be surprised how much crud that would leave behind - metal springs and whatnot!

there are smaller licensed rubbish removal operators out there, ideal for one off jobs like this. I'd say a quick check in the echo would sort you out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭sozbox

Ludo wrote: »

Thanks.

Hi.

I work for a furniture retailer and sometimes we take away old mattresses when you buy a new one.

PM if you want details, I can arrange it for you if you like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

deRanged wrote: »
    you'd be surprised how much crud that would leave behind - metal springs and whatnot!

there are smaller licensed rubbish removal operators out there, ideal for one off jobs like this. I'd say a quick check in the echo would sort you out.

leaving behind crud is better than leaving behind your stained mattress

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭disco biscuit

I know an odd job man who would bring it to the dump for you and not charge you over the top.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Tupins

post it here:

www.jumbletown.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

No worries - take that crud and dump it at the travellers *official* resting stop at the back of ballyphehane like everyone else does. *shrugs*

• Advertisement
Advertisement