Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frame Relay Question

Options
  • 03-03-2009 1:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭

****** has decided to connect their six branch LANs (Donegal, Dublin, Limerick, Tralee, Waterford) to their head office (Carlow) LAN using Frame Relay, and also to connect the head office to the internet.

Now while i can handle the internet aspect im just curious as to whether all 6 branches go through the frame relay system and 1 main points links back to the carlow branch. Im using a program called Packet Tracer to draw up a network plan. Would be brilliant if someone could suggest a makeshift diagram to guide me along,

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭rash

Net Comms might be a better place for this?

Each site (Including the HQ in Carlow) will connect into the Frame Relay Cloud via a leased line, the remote sites will have a PVC (Virtual link) back to the Carlow HQ.
    For a diagram just use a star topology with a line connecting each site to the HQ.
    (This assumes that one of the branch sites will not act as a backup site.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

rash wrote: »
    Net Comms might be a better place for this?

Each site (Including the HQ in Carlow) will connect into the Frame Relay Cloud via a leased line, the remote sites will have a PVC (Virtual link) back to the Carlow HQ.
    For a diagram just use a star topology with a line connecting each site to the HQ.
    (This assumes that one of the branch sites will not act as a backup site.)

Aye, Mods please move it to the nets and comms forum if possible ( Excuses my ignorance put i post on the BB forum alot and just didnt think! )

Excellent explanation by the way, makes alot of sence to me, cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Moved

Advertisement