Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will the disgraced former taosaich Bertie re enter politics again ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

There is absolutely no point us bitching here about Bertie's wrongdoing and -at best - conflicting half-truths.....not when you consider that we had to pay for a STATE FUNERAL for the ride-the-public scumbag that taught him everything that he knows AND - if you remember - called him "the most cunning, ruthless and devious of them all" [ what passes for praise / tribute and recommendation in Fianna Failure ]

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Deedsie wrote: »
    Is there a chance he'll be held untill Gerry Adams runs for President?
    Are you serious ?
    That's pure FUD even if the main vote was split three ways Adams still wouldn't have a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Bertie will be back in Politics in no time same way Beverley Flynn did. And when he does we will all congratulate him and pretend like he did nothing.....
    Shame tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭jimmmy

It would probably be a good thing if he ran for President.

Best thing would be to abolish the post of President. Quarter the pensions + perks of ex-presidents. Our public finances are bad enough. They cost us millions annually. A Taoiseach / Prime Minister costs us more than enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭diverdriver

I really hope he doesn't come back. My only hope about this mess we're in now is that finally the scales will fall from the eyes of the deluded people in this country who put FF back in power again and again in spite of the obvious fact that they are corrupt and incompetant.

He is disgraced and is as culpable as any in the current FF regime. I look forward to the day when I can say it to his face. Which at least is possible in Ireland.

One of the problems with these people, Ahearn, both Flynns and all the others whether we know about them or not is that they honestly don't believe they did anything wrong. They are so corrupt, they think it's their entitlement.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭TGPS

newtlover wrote: »
    will he run for president ?

mayor of dublin

or europe

The first one without a shadow of a doubt - read his bio and you'll see that the attraction of being President for the centenary of 1916 and (if relected) the centenary of the founding of the State will be too much for him to resist!!

www.thisgruntledpublicservant.blogspot.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

deleted by me - forgot no embedded video!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

MIN2511 wrote: »
    Bertie will be back in Politics in no time same way Beverley Flynn did. And when he does we will all congratulate him and pretend like he did nothing.....
    Shame tbh
    I actually doubt it - he would be most divisive President imaginable (well, maybe not as much as Gerry Adams), a very significant minority of people DESPISE him. The thought of him as head of state of this country makes me shake with anger. It would take the mother of all economic recoveries just for the average smuck to forget about his corruption and lies - and that just isn't happening.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

jimmmy wrote: »
    Best thing would be to abolish the post of President. Quarter the pensions + perks of ex-presidents. Our public finances are bad enough. They cost us millions annually. A Taoiseach / Prime Minister costs us more than enough.
    Only if yes men like Lenihan had got in. The president has a small role in keeping an eye on that crowd down in Leinster House. Reducing the salary / expenses / tax breaks / previlages of the Leinster House crowd would be a better option.

Actually with the banking situation the way it is maybe they should take back the old Parliament that BoI are using as colleteral on the cash injection to the banks ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Dannyboy83

Honestly, what do you expect when he was tutored by that f*ckin scumbag Haughey.

He is a serving TD, where the f*ck is he, has he taken personal leave to head off to Central America, or is he representing us on how to F*ck up properly.

He should be put against the wall in Kilmainham and shot.

Being shot in Kilmainham would tend to confer patriot status upon him.

Even Robert Mugabe would have a little chuckle if you called Bertie a patriot.

CAN ANYBODY REMEMBER HOW SPRINGFIELD GET THEIR OWN BACK ON THE MONO-RAIL MAN?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 hughs

cm2000 wrote: »
    He is not disgraced. He has not been found guilty of any wrongdoing by any court or tribunal.

You must have FF in your blood if you really believe this. There is no question but Bertie is a disgraced politician and I am not talking about any money he may or may not have received.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 newtlover

bertiegraf.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Wheely

Kazu wrote: »

can anyone name one TD or big businessman that has gone to jail in the last ten years

liam lawlor did a few weeks for contempt!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Dannyboy83

Wheely wrote: »
    liam lawlor did a few weeks for contempt!

What was the name of that gobshine that had his license reoked, the minister who did the drink driving ad, then got caught ghost driving by the law down some dual carraigeway. I don't think he even had a suspended sentence.

ROTFLMFAO:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

Ray "Rambo" Burke - 6 months for tax evasion.

Former FF press officer Frank Dunlop is on his way.

Dannyboy83 wrote: »
    What was the name of that gobshine that had his license reoked, the minister who did the drink driving ad, then got caught ghost driving by the law down some dual carraigeway. I don't think he even had a suspended sentence.

Dr. Jim McDaid

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

tsk tsk - all of yis picking on a pensioner!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

kbannon wrote: »

Unfortunately, given the way they give themselves their pensions, that pretty much describes them all.....it's only us plebs who'll have to wait til we're 65 or more.....

kbannon wrote: »

Which extremely well paid pensioner are you refering to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭portomar

He is not disgraced. He has not been found guilty of any wrongdoing by any court or tribunal.

i agree in principle. he has disgraced myself in my view by his management of the economy during the boom times leading us to our current fiduciary situation. i heard one of the social partners speaking off record said going into meetings with bertie was like going to 'an atm machine'. his government spent all the tax made on stamp duty during the height of the housing boom on hiring people in the public sector, that was pointed out at the time by economists working for ibec among others. now we are running a monstrous deficit trying to cover the pay of these same people. it was an act of financial suicide which is only coming home to roost now. he's disgraced because of that, alleged corrupt payments are chicken feed by comparison. if this was a SE asian country, he'd be on trial along with the rest of his former government for financial treason.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭moonbug33

Don't know about B Ahern (can't bring myself to call him by his first name- he is no friend of mine) taking on a higher profile political role but, I fear that FF have enough selfish self-serving voters and enough stupid sheep following voters that they will get back in whenever the next election is.
    Ireland has shown in the past its collective selfish stupidity when it comes to voting.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,249 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I thought it was pretty much accepted that Michael D was going to be the next President?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Erin Go Brath

Ahern is a traitor to the nation and to the working man in particular. To hear him being touted for President by some of the aloofs like Pat Kenny did on his tv show fills me with disgust and shows how far away a lot of these montrose millionaires are from reality and from having any social conscience.

When Judge Mahons final report comes out i suspect Bertie will be sufficently tarnished to preclude him ever gaining a job of any importance again. He truly is a self-serving corrupt gombeen of the highest order in a party which has become a veritable hornets nest of corruption. The sooner he bows out of public life for good the better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Dannyboy83 wrote: »

Yes, another one of Haughey's protigees and Ahern's mates.
    In true FF/Haughey tradition he had once lectured us plebs on the evils of drink driving. Oh the irony!
    The PDs, AFAIR, said they would never serve in government with him, I wonder what happened to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Any further abusive or libelous posts will result in bans.

Until someone is convicted of a crime, accusing them of the crime or criminality in any form is libel.

Just don't do it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭givyjoe81

GuanYin wrote: »
    Any further abusive or libelous posts will result in bans.

Until someone is convicted of a crime, accusing them of the crime or criminality in any form is libel.

Just don't do it!

Not to vindicate any libelous statements but one of the defences for libel/slander is just cause isnt it?! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

givyjoe81 wrote: »
    Not to vindicate any libelous statements but one of the defences for libel/slander is just cause isnt it?! ;)

Did I indicate this was up for discussion?

Back on topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 646 ✭✭✭Johnboy Mac

I don't believe you have just stated that, unreal. We, the ones that are not blinded by FF, their cronies and Bertie's smile & didderings know full well that he's guilty, not of corruption (well not of proven corruption, yet anyway) but of pure bad mangement of the state and playing politics, micky mouse politics with likes of you and others that defend him. He's not disgraced, he and his ilk are disgraceful.

As far as the tribunal goes, their questioning has without a shadow of doubt proved him of wrongdoing & corruption to me and no doubt countless others who are no blinded by FF and the cronies as already mentioned. See the light now or forever hold your...............well lets just say you amusing comments.

You really said that as a joke did you not?

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Johnboy Mac is banned for a week. I don't care how you try to skirt around the issue - we've been more than clear.

Thread closed, because people don't seem to be getting the message.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement