Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Darwin and the tree of life.

Options
  • 03-03-2009 1:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1589429273035937450&ei=eQ6tSbCxEJSm2gLjgLm8BQ&q=attenborough+darwin

Just for anyone, like me, who missed it and cant use Iplayer in the Rep. I guess its the first five minutes which are most relevant to this forum where he discusses the biblical version of creation. It seems to me a very arrogant view by the religious that we are somehow special, as he points out, we have as much in common with apes as a lion has to a tiger. Attenborough would be in my top ten greatest living personalities. He's had me spellbound for decades. KUTGW.:)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

David Attenborough was disappointingly diplomatic about his beliefs in God on Jonathon Ross last week.

He more or less just stated that everything we knew about how evolution and how life came to be didn't preclude there being a creator god. Nothing about the contraditions between benevolent gods and burrowing insects in childrens' eyeballs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Overblood

Yeah that's a pity. He did mention the eye burrowing worm the previous time he was on Jonathan Ross.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

The whole video is an excellent introduction to Darwin's work.
    Take a look 37 minutes in and onwards where it references Creationists (it explains the eye).

Advertisement