Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tangerine Fields

Options
  • 03-03-2009 1:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭

Hi folks,
    Just wondering if anyone on here has used tangerine fields at any music festivals? Was thinking about their pre-pitched tent - am not particularly useful when it comes to camping! If anyone has used them would you be able to advise on cost etc? I can't seem to find any details on their website and I'm still waiting for a reply to my email. Many thanks :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

Hi,

I worked alongside the TF company at electric picnic last year. I have to say I commend their service - might be a bit pricey - but does exactly as it says. They even supply the sleeping bags and if for larger tents, gas powered cookers. Obviously extras like that would be expensive but that sort of thing is only for the likes of six man tents.

The pluses are that you just come, unpack your stuff, pack up on the monday and go. The tents are washed and re-used at another festival again.

Check out myhab.com also, im not a rep but they were another company there, along with a crowd selling tipis:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭camo11

when do the tangerine fields tents become available ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

id say when EP tickets go on general sale, and all the rumours of it not happening are well and truly bygone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭labradoodlelady

The site www.tangerinefields.co.uk is active now and they appear to be taking bookings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

Can anyone tell me if these are any good? Security, toilets, showers etc.
    Im reading on the electric picnic forum and it says that there are loads of Robber, so €160 this sounds alright if it works well.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭labradoodlelady

A friend told me about them. She used them for a different festival. She said it was well worth the extra cost for the following reasons
    -tent is pre pitched so don't have to pitch it in mud
    -showers in the site
    -extra portaloos
    -extra security
    -without being horribly obnoxious, since they are an extra €100+ and there's extra security etc there's less chavy rough and obnoxious prats about
    -Less risk of things being stolen ^^ or tent being burned etc

Booked them myself for this year so hopefully will be worth it. Think most of the details are on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭gollem_1975

Do customers get to keep the tents if they want to after the festival ?

for example the KingDom Package (For 6 people) = £ 485.00 ( this is GBP )

this includes sleeping bags and blow up beds which the customer keeps ( or can donate to charity ) but its not clear what happens to the tent itself.

I know they have to make money so it would not suprise me if Tangerine Fields reuse the tents.
    they already seem to be charging a premium on the sale price of a tent to rent a tent for the weekend.

anyone know ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Don't think so.

for example the KingDom Package (For 6 people) = £ 485.00 ( this is GBP )

this includes sleeping bags and blow up beds which the customer keeps ( or can donate to charity ) but its not clear what happens to the tent itself.

I know they have to make money so it would not suprise me if Tangerine Fields reuse the tents.
    they already seem to be charging a premium on the sale price of a tent to rent a tent for the weekend.

anyone know ?

It includes the sleeping bags but not the inflatable beds and certainly not the tents! I honestly don't think it is expensive for what you get.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭gollem_1975

i'd say many festival goers don't go the tangerine fields route because of the cost ( which in itself might be a reason why their customers are willing to pay for their service )

for rental they seem to charge a good bit more than the actual purchase price of similar tents.

is tangerine fields ( @ the EP and O2 ) a seperately managed camping area ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 COS1

Hi, Myself and a few mates have booked a couple of tents with tangerine fields for this years electric picnic fest, Can anybody tell me if I will be aloud to set up a gazebo somewhere beside our tents?? Its only 3m x 3m, so not too big. Cheers...

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Griff77

Hey, I've stayed with them a few years and you haven't been able to set one up as far as I know (at least I've never seen personal tents set up). I'd say give them a call to ask. They're pretty sound.

If ya do get it set up I'll knock over for a beer!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 COS1

Yep no worries, you can help set it up too!! I have emailed them but they have not replied!! Cannot find a number for them either. Anyway if it doesnt rain we wont need it, what are the chances!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Ive stayed with them 2 years at Oxegen. Its very handy if a bunch of ye are going. If you go for the packages, you get air matresses and sleeping bags. Saves a lot of hassle and worry about tents. Plus, if you get it really muddy, doesnt really matter! Ive never one had any issues with them (besides for a matress just needing more air).

Think I saw a number thats 07821 807 000 for the Tangerine Fields people. To be honest you don't really need a gazebo if you got one of the 6man tents. They are massive with a huge porch that u can sit and stand in if it's raining! Gettin excited now...

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Cainer

Tangerine Fields are sold out! :(

I can't believe that I didn't book before this. Crappedy crap, crap. :mad:

Cainer wrote: »
    Tangerine Fields are sold out! :(

I can't believe that I didn't book before this. Crappedy crap, crap. :mad:

The sell out nearly as soon as they go on sale. See if there are any bellepads left with podpads, stayed in one of these at oxegen and it was fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭neosmaster

TF is the business at a festival.
    We stayed with thme this year at Oxegen and will def stay again at next years festival.

But pre-booking is essential as they will sell out fast.

If you can def go with them a little pricy but worth every penny.

The sell out nearly as soon as they go on sale. See if there are any bellepads left with podpads, stayed in one of these at oxegen and it was fantastic.

Bellepads sold out too. Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

That'll teach me to procrastinate!

Got an e-mail today from Boutique Camping saying that there are some Tipi's available. Don't know if this will help you...

• Advertisement

Griff77 wrote: »
    Got an e-mail today from Boutique Camping saying that there are some Tipi's available. Don't know if this will help you...

Just checked and there are a couple of Medium Tipis left but they start at €740 and upwards. Bit steep for two people. Looks like i'll be heading to halfords tomorrow afterall.

Thanks anyway. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

Hi all,
    Anyone booked for EP this year with any of the alternative camping outfits - http://www.electricpicnic.ie/sleep/alternative-camping/

There is quiet a lot to choose from and obviously the prices are pretty different too. Any advice?

Cheers,
    M

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

threads over a year old - use the EP thread, you'll prob get more of a response.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement