Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

blue screen help

• 03-03-2009 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭

Hi all, dont know if im posting this in the right forum but, i started up my lappy this morning to be greeted by the dreaded blue screen! it says UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME im tried to start it again but this keeps coming up!

Anyone know how to fix it?

ps windows xp verison if that helps any

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭TechieEddy

Hard drive is corrupt.
    Boot up from the boot cd and run chkdsk.
    UBCD4WIN Using chkdsk on UBCD

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭pgodkin

sick,:mad:

What about what i have on my hard-drive, how did this happen or what ??? to tell u the truth i dont know if i have the boot cd's, can anything else be done???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

Didn't install any extra memory or anything recently did you?

no use it mainly for poker downloaded the ladbrooks client the other day and set ran the setup last night after i was finished a session it didnt load prob, so i shut down the computer, and left it for the night:(

Just ran a pre boot systems check

the following came up

DST Short Status Test
    Test Result: fail
    Error code: 1000-01542
    msg: unit 4: Drive selfs test failed. Status Byte = 79

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭toe_knee

As TechieEddie said, it sounds like the hard drive is corrupt. If you download the bootbale CD from the links he provided and boot up your laptop using it you should then be in a position to run chkdsk on it to hopefully find and fix any boot records on your hard drive

TechieEddy wrote: »
    Hard drive is corrupt.
    Boot up from the boot cd and run chkdsk.
    UBCD4WIN Using chkdsk on UBCD
    toe_knee wrote: »
    As TechieEddie said, it sounds like the hard drive is corrupt. If you download the bootbale CD from the links he provided and boot up your laptop using it you should then be in a position to run chkdsk on it to hopefully find and fix any boot records on your hard drive

Sorry to dig up a thread but need to thank you guys, got it fixed in the end

it was as above

you guys are good :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

HDD regenerator is a lifesaver for this too :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭TechieEddy

Sorry to dig up a thread but need to thank you guys, got it fixed in the end

it was as above

you guys are gods biggrin.gif

no problem :)

Advertisement