Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Danielle Lloyd assaulted by Ex

• 03-03-2009 1:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭

Glamour model Danielle Lloyd has released a picture of her beaten-up face in a stand against domestic violence.

The former Miss Great Britain, 25, took the image on her mobile phone after being beaten by an ex-boyfriend.Lloyd is seen with a black eye, broken cheekbone and a fat lip following the attack.

The photo will be shown during a documentary called Dangerous Love - A Comic Relief Special. She hopes the move will help prevent other girls becoming victims of abuse.

Lloyd had to spend a week in hospital after she was beaten by the ex-boyfriend, who has not been named. The incident happened before she earned fame as the winner of Miss Great Britain and became a tabloid favourite.

She made the decision to speak out against domestic abuse after a photo of R&B singer Rihanna's bruised face was leaked after a row with her rapper boyfriend Chris Brown.

Brown has since said sorry and the pair are still together.
    Dangerous Love will be shown on BBC3 tonight at 9pm.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20090303/tuk-danielle-lloyd-my-ex-boyfriend-batte-45dbed5.html

So whether or not Rihanna wanted to be a spokesperson for Domestic Abuse she may have encouraged others who are/were suffering to come forward. That can only be a good thing.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

pftt..and she's only showing them now?
    Imagine she waited till she was way more high profile, and also when she's been out of the limelight for a while.
    Christ I hate z list celebrities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

I agree. It can only be a good thing.

Maybe it's hard for celebrities to show the world that they are as human as the rest of us. Due to their higher-profile, their ups and downs in life are given more exposure. They may have higher graces to fall from. I imagine the Rihanna incident showed Danielle Lloyd that she's not the only well-known person that suffers this terrible crime and that gave her the strength to come forward. Good for her.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

She has a book coming out soon Im sure that this news is unrelated....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭fourfiveone

Maybe it wasn't her boyfriend but someone who heard her enlightened views on India's people and culture?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

I dont think shes doing it for purely benevolent reasons :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 kirankhan

I am not sure it will hapen she can do for any reason

Advertisement