Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sale Agreed....Now what?

Options
  • 03-03-2009 2:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi guys,
    I'm a FTB, so am looking for a bit of guidance on how the house-buying process works.

I've recently gone sale agreed on a property, have paid the booking deposit etc, passed on the details of the auctioneer to my solicitor and vice versa. Can anybody tell me what happens next, as I've heard nothing from anybody since?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭flatpack

i want to add something here. as it sound you r buying newly build house.
    its about snagging, it is 100% waist of money, you better of doing it yourself. one guy did this for me he took around 4 hours for 3 bed sami. in total its just checked paint work job or small finishing problems:mad:, but nothing serious like water leak, wall sockets, switches, taps, heating, nothing at all, and i end up doing this all after him on same day.
    if you need info about this let me know i'll give you few tips u dont need to waist your money for paint work checking.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭jetski

I Agree

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

flatpack wrote: »
    i want to add something here. as it sound you r buying newly build house.
    its about snagging, it is 100% waist of money, you better of doing it yourself. one guy did this for me he took around 4 hours for 3 bed sami. in total its just checked paint work job or small finishing problems:mad:, but nothing serious like water leak, wall sockets, switches, taps, heating, nothing at all, and i end up doing this all after him on same day.
    if you need info about this let me know i'll give you few tips u dont need to waist your money for paint work checking.
    Get someone who you trust to do the snagging. As above, not everyone can do it. Once you have the list, show it to the builder, and get them to finish your house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Lolw

Thanks for that guys, however it's not actually a new-build, it's a second hand house

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Forget about snagging get a structural survey done from a reputable company one that you have no ties too and your wouldn't feel too bad about suing if there's a severe case of subsidence that went unnoticed.

In my experience Sales can take anywhere between 3 weeks and six months depending on the quality of your solicitor(And everyone thinks their solicitor is the best in the world). Depending on deeds and titles everything should be done and dusted in 6 weeks.

When your solicitor is satisfied with the contracts of sale you will be called into his office and asked to pay the balance of the deposit 10% and then sign contracts.

Then contracts are then sent to vendor and they sign when the balance of money paid over and then you get the keys.

Mortgages, disputes, title, vendor change of mind, unsatisfactory survey can all hold up a sale.

• Advertisement
Advertisement