Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do I do about this?

Options
  • 03-03-2009 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭

I had a guy move into a room in my house in Mid January, he told me he was on rent allowance and I decided (Which I regret now) to give it a show. He told me that social welfare provide the first months rent and deposit and then a percentage of his rent and he pays 70 euro a month himself meaning they pay €330 each month. I signed the forms he gave me and he said he went in and gave them.

As of last weekend I still hadn't recieved a penny from them and this guy was even late on the bills and tiny ammount that he was contributing towards the rent himself, I told him to find out what was going on it was excuse after excuse and between that and other issues with him I had to kick him out as I couldn't afford to pay my mortgage with this carry on. I rang the welfare and they say he moved out on the 10/01/09 from his last place but I have no mopney on the way to me but I did sign forms and give them in, theres a confusion now on weather or not he was entitled to it.

Where do I go from here, I'm owned over €400 from either him or the welfare and with him gone now I won't get it not that it looked good anyway, does any have any advice i'm lost on where to turn maybe just let it go and learn?

Advertisement