Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it gambling if?

Options
  • 03-03-2009 3:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hey,

I have a question to do with the legality of something.. lets say i am setting up a website like last man standing.. would i need a gambling license or anything similar?

The way it would work would be, players enter via paypal lets say for 5 Euro. 4 Euro of that will go into the pot for that game for the winnings... The other 1 Euro is used to cover the costs of running it.. paypal fees etc.

The payout will always be a percentage of what is paid in? so that means that all the costs will be covered.. there is no risk involved on my part for example.. I am mearly an intermediate controlling and monitoring the game..

Anyone have any comments on this?

or is it just a stupid question :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,399 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Fairly sure you will need either a license/permission.

Its not hugely different to a football club which runs a 'XMas draw', and for every €1000 they take in pay out €600 in prizes. Permission has to be granted by the local Superintendant.

If you are doing it for pure commercial profit then you would need a gaming license despite that you running it as a riskfree Tote.

All imo.

Advertisement