Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transferring data between 2 phones

• 03-03-2009 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭

Hi I have a samsung U600 and a nokia 5800. How can I transfer the numbers from the U600 to the 5800. Is there some program out there?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,251 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Can't you copy all your numbers to the sim and then just put the sim with all your contacts into the new phone.... check out this program, not sure if both your phones are supported http://zyb.com/lang/en/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭colman1212

ya but the U600 is locked to meteor and the sim i want to transfer them onto is O2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

If they both have Bluetooth, you could send the contacts over that way.

Cumbersome, but I can't think of any other way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

If they both have Bluetooth, you could send the contacts over that way.

Cumbersome, but I can't think of any other way.

The other way is zyb.com as drunkmonkey said. You sign up to the site and tell it what phone you have and your number. Then it downloads settings to your phone that allow it to synch with the website.

Then you change your phone to the new one on the site, give it your other phone number, download the settings to it and synch. Et voila

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

And if your phone doesn't have an offline mode then borrow a Meteor SIM off a mate. If they're on prepay it'll cost max 99c to Sync your contacts with ZYB.com and then similiar on the O2 SIM in the other phone if it's prepay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭colman1212

Yeah but this website doesnt actually support my phone. Thanks Anyway.
    I thought there would be some program that would just transfer from one mobile to another on your pc.. seems fairly straight forward.

even if the website doesn't have your phone listed try a different model of the same brand and it'll probably work

If you have MS outlook, most manufacturers now supply software with their phones that can synch with it.. Maybe a friend has it?

Failing that you can copy via sims but it's a complicated and tricky process.

First you find an unlocked phone, get the owner to copy all his contacts to his sim (or back them up on zyb) and then delete the contacts from his phone memory

Then you move all your contacts to your sim, put your sim in his phone and move them to the phone memory

Then put the other sim into the phone and move all the contacts to it

Possible issues and problems:
    Sims can only hold 250 contacts so if your friend has more than that he'll have to use the zyb option for backing up. Also if you have more than 250 you'll have to ferry them across. Make sure you use the move option and not the copy one

Your current phone will have to have a move to sim option and your friend's and your new one will have to have a move to phone one. You'll also have to be able to delete sim contacts while not touching the phone ones and vice versa

Sims can only hold numbers in the format "name, number". If you have anything extra like mobile number, home number, email address etc in the same contact they'll be stored as eg john, john1, john2 etc

On a positive note, if your phone isn't supported by zyb but both your friend's phone and your new one you can synch those two and skip the bit of ferrying across to the new one :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭Cable

You realise there is a hell of a lot of an easier way? Just call into any carphone/3g/o2/meteor and ask them to do it for you. They all have sim copiers. If you have more than 250 numbers it can be a bit messy, but its still do able (call into the shops when its quiet and most shoudnt have a problem doing it for you)

Cable wrote: »
    You realise there is a hell of a lot of an easier way? Just call into any carphone/3g/o2/meteor and ask them to do it for you. They all have sim copiers. If you have more than 250 numbers it can be a bit messy, but its still do able (call into the shops when its quiet and most shoudnt have a problem doing it for you)

They don't all have sim copiers and the staff have better things to be doing than copying numbers for someone who's not buying anything tbh.

OP, if you're going to do that you should go into an o2 store since you're at least moving to their network, otherwise you're likely to be told to diplomatically fook off as my manager used to tell me to do

Edit: if they won't do it you could always buy a sim copier if they have them, make sure you don't destroy the packaging and return it afterwards. But that way's not a whole lot easier than using another phone....

Advertisement