Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Medic Alert" Design Ideas

Options
  • 03-03-2009 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭

Hi all, new poster here so apologies if there's already a thread to post this.

Anyway, I'm a diabetic, and although I have no problem wearing a medic alert chain my interest in tattoos peaked when I saw this.

Obviously its only being developed now and is a few years away yet, but I was bored so did a few mock ups using paint, (don't have PS installed and I had to use the trackpad...)
    they're not great but you get the gist.
    I think I'd get the words Diabetic either under the shield in a banner or just underneath the design.

Anyone have any comments/other ideas? Would it be a feasible design?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 blackbox1

B00MSTICK wrote: »
    Hi all, new poster here so apologies if there's already a thread to post this.

Anyway, I'm a diabetic, and although I have no problem wearing a medic alert chain my interest in tattoos peaked when I saw this.

Obviously its only being developed now and is a few years away yet, but I was bored so did a few mock ups using paint, (don't have PS installed and I had to use the trackpad...)
    they're not great but you get the gist.
    I think I'd get the words Diabetic either under the shield in a banner or just underneath the design.

Anyone have any comments/other ideas? Would it be a feasible design?

Nice designs. Both right hand side designs stand out the most. Maybe a little change on the upper right pic ( leaves ) Plus also depending on size

Any studio would be able to do these no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭missannik

Great idea! Love the designs. Where would you get the tattoo...? I think the location would need to be important so that those who'd help you when you had a hypo know about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

The red design is great.
    And this is a really good idea, if the technology works, then that would be great. If not, you'll be left with a nice tattoo at the end of the day.

Just make sure you know you definitely want one first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

Thanks peeps, I can't take credit for the the designs though, I just stuck the medic symbol in the middle and messed with them a bit!

Im not 100% on the placement yet, think it would look good on my shoulder ( I wear a t-shirt in pretty much all conditions, so it would be easy to take a peek and see how my sugars are)
    Left wrist is also under consideration as its very easy to take a glance at and I could hide easily it for work/whatever

Its certainly not something im going to jump into though as the nanotech ink may never become available,.
    I still think it would look awesome, I'm just not sure if I'd like it forever, just yet.

Designwise, I'm not mad on lots of colours and don't want it too "busy"

I might make some henna paste and templates and see what I think.

Im liking the 1st one here.
    The style of the banner on the second is nice and think the design would work if I used the medical symbol without the wings

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Sure easiest thing to do, drop into one of the studio's close to you and have a chat with the artists in there abut design/placement and the new ink.

Personally, i'm thinking between the inside of your elbow and your palm would be nice, closer to your elbow.
    Just my opinion though.
    :)

If you go to an artist and get a sketch, keep it somewhere you'll see it, have it around for a few months, or years if you feel the need and if you still like it down the line, then go for it.

One way of sussing it out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement