Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everest Gear Help!

Options
  • 03-03-2009 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Going to Everest BC this month, still loads of gear to get. The things I can't find, and will need to try on are:

Down Pants
    -20 Sleeping Bag
    Salopettes

I cannot find any shops in dublin with these, and trying belfast didn't work either. Anyone know any shops with these that I could pop into?

Many thanks!
    Ross

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

Do you really need down pants and/or salopettes?

You can rent a sleeping bag in Kathmandu for about 50c/day if you don't want to buy one.

Also, a fantastic site for info for trekking in Nepal is www.trekinfo.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

You can rent gear in Kathmandu, unless your going to use them again things like down pants strike me as an unnecessary expense, it's less stuff to worry about the airline losing anyway. Be sure to wear your boots onto the plane!!

And don't forget to have passport photos on you! I had to get the guy to let me through immigration to my baggage and then return! Only in Nepal for sure.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

Down Pants
    -20 Sleeping Bag
    Salopettes

Might be worth having a look in Jackson Sports in Belfast, great service.

Envy ...
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭NathanKingerlee

Sport Corran Tuathail in Killarney may well have what you're looking for. They've an online shop also, www.sct.ie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

Thanks a million for all the help and advice guys, much appreciated. Renting is the way to go!

I rented a sleeping bag from Shona's Alpine Rental in Thamel. Very cheap and no problems with bed bugs or anything. I think it's owned by an English-Nepali couple and they can probably give you some good advice on what you need as they get reports on conditions from trekkers returning to Kathmandu.

They're in the Lonely Planet. If you don't have one just ask and people can point you there.

Advertisement