Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WiFi Phones

• 03-03-2009 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭

Hi with the exception of the iPhone, what WiFi phones are there available in Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Hi with the exception of the iPhone, what WiFi phones are there available in Ireland?

The majority of the Nokia E & N series handsets and the following that I can recall:

- LG Renoir
    - Nokia 6300i
    - Samsung Omnia
    - Sony Ericsson C905

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Best of all The N95.

MC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Columba Rad

Nokia E51, E65 & E66

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭Cable

Nokia 5800, LG Arena

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

Most Smartphones that are rare

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

All of the nokia E-series except the E50 i think. dunno if you can even buy the E50 new anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭pirelli

What are the advantages considering, wi-fi is not available everywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Eh, the advantage being that you can use wifi where there is wifi? I have an e62, which has wifi, a bit old at this stage, but i would never go back to a phone that doesn't have it.

Eh, the advantage being that you can use wifi where there is wifi? I have an e62, which has wifi, a bit old at this stage, but i would never go back to a phone that doesn't have it.

i always thought the e62 was the special version of the e61 *without* wifi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

towel401 wrote: »
    i always thought the e62 was the special version of the e61 *without* wifi

woops, always get confused between the two:o
    e61 is what i have, with wifi!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Rayne

N95!!!!

All the way!!!

Love it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

the best nokia ones i've used is the nokia e75, which should be out in the next couple of months. After that probably n95, then e51 or e71

matrim wrote: »
    the best nokia ones i've used is the nokia e75, which should be out in the next couple of months. After that probably n95, then e51 or e71

the red one? i was thinking of getting that. hows the screen?

you can actually buy them now I think.

your probably thinking of the e63, which is nice. The e75 is candybar with a slide out qwerty keyboard.

matrim wrote: »
    your probably thinking of the e63, which is nice. The e75 is candybar with a slide out qwerty keyboard.

no this yoke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Ronan H

I have been using the Nokia 5800 XpressMusic intensively for about a week now and I have to say that I am highly impressed with the WiFi on it. I have had no problems detecting networks, connecting to networks etc... It handles WPA security without a bother and already I am sure that I will never go back to a phone without WiFi from this point onwards...

I know this thread is about the WiFi feature but the price was great too. I am on Vodafone Perfect Fit 400 and the phone was €70.00 and there are a huge range of accessories with it. The next available phone with WiFi was €209.00 so that is quite a price difference...

I never thought I would see the day when I would be downloading sometheing on my mobile phone at over 700kb/sec :eek:. Happy days...

Head

towel401 wrote: »
    Thats it. I hadn't seen the red one. The screen is good and the build quality seems very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

E51 ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Thanks for answering the questions.

Any one reccomend any of these? budet wouldnt be the highest say 150 or so?

Or would the older ones be ok to buy second hand (iv noticed some nokias released in 2006 have wifi)

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭jessconr

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Thanks for answering the questions.

Any one reccomend any of these? budet wouldnt be the highest say 150 or so?

Or would the older ones be ok to buy second hand (iv noticed some nokias released in 2006 have wifi)

Get the nokia N95-1 (silver one). Very cheap for such a power-house. Has GPS also.

Its €150 on perfect choice 100

Heres a link
    https://www.vodafone.ie/df/shop/ProductDetails.shtml?handsetselected=100166&offerSelected=portins&action=view

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

What do people think of the E65

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

Used a friends E65 for a while. Nice phone with great features, but found it sluggish at times, freezing etc. May not be on all of them, but his one was certainly affected by it.

My 2 cents ... E71 ftw. I love mine. I rarely turn on the laptop at home now for checking the internet. Just use the wifi on the E71.
    Navigation and typing on the qwerty pad is a delight. (And to think I nearly bought a Storm)......by the way.......don't buy a storm.:D

Advertisement