Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying gas boiler in Ireland

• 03-03-2009 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

I was wondering where to buy a condensing combi NG boiler in Ireland. Spec would be 80K-100K BTU's. There seems to be a good selection in the UK, but very little choice online in Ireland.
    I was thinking either Worcester/Valliant/Ferroli.
    Is there a big difference in prices between here and the UK?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭MiniGolf

As an installer/service/repairer I would say of the three you named Worcester would be the better choice in my opinion. Great product, top backup and very reliable. The most important part is to have it installed and commisioned properly!! Please use a Registered Gas Installer:)
    http://www.bordgais.ie/corporate/index.jsp?1nID=93&pID=96&nID=144
    Yes, it would be cheaper to buy in the UK but just ensure it is a model that is sold in Ireland in case of parts needed etc...... Having been fitting Worcester Bosch for approx 4 years I have only needed 1 part.. under warranty, by the way!!!!
    Another choice would be Viessmann..... quite expensive but very good!!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭bigbru

Thanks MiniGolf. The consensus from people is that Worcester are among the best.
    The only reason I'm tempted by the Ferroli is because the Optimax is cheaper and comes with a 5yr parts and labour guarantee, which I think is impressive!
    Have you had any experience of their Optimax range?

Not a lot of experience with Ferroli at all........ Don't seem to be very popular with my customers in the North Wicklow/South Dublin area!! I have worked on a few different older models but don't have an opinion on the newer models.
    Are you aware of the grants about to become available for installing high efficiency boilers and controls?? These are in tandem with the grants for insulation! See www.sei.ie/hes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Ferroli are cheaper - but finding parts and competent fitters to fix/service them is difficult! Take it from me!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭bigbru

The Optimax range is advertised as being easier to fit than previous models. Does your experience match their claims?

• Advertisement

bigbru wrote: »
    The Optimax range is advertised as being easier to fit than previous models. Does your experience match their claims?

To be honest fitting any boiler is much the same....... its the installation that varies... different pipe work routing, flueing, cabling, etc. etc. The make of the boiler does not really matter;)
    Hope that helps:confused:

Advertisement