Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paypal Website Payments Pro - available in Ireland?

Options
  • 03-03-2009 5:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hi there,

Does anybody know if I can use Paypal Website Payments Pro as an online payment solution in Ireland?

I don't want the user to get redirected from my website to Paypal in order to make a transaction and this seems to be the only Paypal solution for that.

Can anyone clarify this?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭daymobrew

dhayz2000 wrote: »
    Can anyone clarify this?
    Have you asked PayPal themselves?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭tom-thebox

Yes you can, just set it up myself today after getting advice off www.blacknight.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 dhayz2000

Thanks for the replies.

Daymobrow, thanks for the link. I submitted a query earlier but it takes 2-3 days for a reply.

tom-thebox, have you got a link to that particular blacknight article?

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭TheWaterboy

I have setup Paypal to work on a few sites as follows:

User has shopping cart details and the clicks button to checkout.
    Are redirected to Paypal site with details of purchase and amount displayed
    User completes purchase.
    Brought to a paypal transaction completed screen that says they are now been redirected back to website
    A thank you message is displayed on the origional website - any updates to your etc can be processed on this page too

Pretty simple to do - you just need to set up in your paypal profile what page you want the user to return to once the transaction is completed.

www.mysite.com/thankyou.php

In the thankyou.php then you need to add some specific code that will do a post back to Paypal to receive details of the transaction. Once you get these details you can update a database with the order details etc and then display a thankyou page or an error page.

Cheers waterboy.

The requirements for my site specify that the user stays on the site for the duration of the transaction, without any redirect.

Paypal Website Payments Pro allows this to happen through the use of APIs. The only problem is that I can't seem to set up a Pro account if the business is based in Ireland.

• Advertisement

Just in case anyone is interested, Payments Pro is only available in USA, Canada and UK at the moment.

Thanks anyway for help.

Here is the response from Paypal:

"I'm really sorry about that but our Paypal Pro product isn't available yet in Ireland (it's only available for US, CA and UK accounts at the minute but I'm sure it will be extended to other countries in the future).
    Unfortunately, as you said, Paypal Pro is the only option if you want to keep your customers on your website.
    You only have Paypal "Standard" available in Ireland and as you've probably seen, customers are redirected to a Paypal page to complete their payment."

• Registered Users Posts: 16 MJordan

Understanding that this post is 4 years old

Can the UK PayPal payments pro option be setup to serve the UK and IE markets online

I have magento CE site currently using PayPal standard and serving IE only

Has anybody setup this option in Ireland

An Irish business sterling account would cost about €120 pa plus Trans fee
    PayPal we payments pro would be €280pa plus Trans fees

Should I be looking at another more cost effective solution to bring my payment processing on site.
    dhayz2000 wrote: »
    Just in case anyone is interested, Payments Pro is only available in USA, Canada and UK at the moment.

Thanks anyway for help.

Here is the response from Paypal:

"I'm really sorry about that but our Paypal Pro product isn't available yet in Ireland (it's only available for US, CA and UK accounts at the minute but I'm sure it will be extended to other countries in the future).
    Unfortunately, as you said, Paypal Pro is the only option if you want to keep your customers on your website.
    You only have Paypal "Standard" available in Ireland and as you've probably seen, customers are redirected to a Paypal page to complete their payment."

Advertisement