Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam COH gold pack. Asked for cd, and now this?!

Options
  • 03-03-2009 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭

Steam company of herous: Asked for cd, and now says: could not verify media after loading screen.

I heard alot more pople had same trouble with steam CoH, but i just did allmoust everything and it does not work!

Redownloaded and reinstalled game.
    Cleared games catche
    opened needed ports on firewall.

What else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

It asked for the physical cd or a key? Do you have any image mount software on your pc?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Steam company of herous: Asked for cd, and now says: could not verify media after loading screen.

I heard alot more pople had same trouble with steam CoH, but i just did allmoust everything and it does not work!

Redownloaded and reinstalled game.
    Cleared games catche
    opened needed ports on firewall.

What else?

Known issue with the Steam version it seems, there's a fix at the bottom

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?p_faqid=701

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

It now says: could not verify media. And that thing did not worked aswell :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Apparently you are not the only person experiencing the same problem

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=789094

Keep on checking the forums

yeah.... paying extra, just to get game on steam, and you cant even play it...

• Advertisement

I'm able to play it just fine. Have you configured your firewall correctly? It seems to me that you have not been able to make the proper connection. Try disabling your firewall and running the game to see if it makes any difference.

I'm able to play it just fine. Have you configured your firewall correctly? It seems to me that you have not been able to make the proper connection. Try disabling your firewall and running the game to see if it makes any difference.

emm honestly m8, you were right, i turned off firewall, ant it works. but i put it on back, and it turns to crap, but i have ports open that needs for coh :(.

Can you check which ones you hve open m8?

TCP Ports
    27020-27050

UDP Ports
    27000-27015

That's for steam

Not sure exactly what it is for COH but this might help:

http://planetcoh.gamespy.com/pagetools/pagetools.php?act=printnews&id=105840

AFAIK, simply granting the exe access should sort out your issues.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

If its asking for a CD Key, you should try contacting Steam support.

Advertisement