Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laying a lawn

Options
  • 03-03-2009 5:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭

So, I had a pebble stone covered back garden. I have removed most of the stones and the weed prevention sheet.
    What remains is very compacted soil, but in a few spots there are soil mixed with pebbles.

The area is 25metres sq.

The plan is to rotovate the area this weekend and leave for a few days to 'settle'. (rented a rotovator for €40 from sat to mon morning).

Then the following weekend I get a ton of topsoil delivered (€40) and freshly cut lawn turf ( €180 incl delivery).

So I put the top soil on the rotovated soil to a depth of an inch, rake down to level and then roll on the lawn turf in a 'brick work' fashion.

Oh, and I stand on planks when doing this to avoid creating 'pits' under the lawn.
    Is it really that simple or am I missing something very fundamental?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭CiaranTheGreat

I did that last summer and it actually is that simple

just make sure that thier is no gap between the underside of the lawn roll and the ground. i did this by placing a board over each piece when layed down and walking on it.

and ensure to make sure it doesnt dry out

Advertisement