Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ps3 broken HELP!!

• 03-03-2009 6:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭

on sunday i got the dreaded yellow, then flashing red light scenario.
    my ps3 is now totally bricked.
    i tried removing the hard drive and powering on but no luck.
    Killzone 2 is also stuck in there.
    so i rang sony and they said that i have to wait up to 5 working days to recieve the email with further dertails on sending it away, and that it would cost 160€!:eek:
    ive had it since oct07 so its 6 months out of warranty.
    ive looked all online and found cases where people repaired it themselves or got sony to do it for free even when they are out of warranty! pleases tell me there lying as i dont want to fork out 160€ and then realise i cuda got it done free.
    ive even rang sony uk 2 see what they charge and its 145£.
    any help is greatly appreciated.
    p.s worst of all is when i do actually get it back i have to wait up to 6 weeks to get my killzone2 back!:(

what will i do about my game saves!!:(

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

http://www.consolerepairsireland.ie which afaik will be moving to http://www.consolerepairs.ie soon.

Very experienced guys - we recommend them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

electrical items bought in EU have a 2 year warranty, its the law, remind them

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,025 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

BOBBY wrote: »
    electrical items bought in EU have a 2 year warranty, its the law, remind them

It isn't. Ireland did not sign up to it. However, Under the Sale of Goods act, it must be fit for the purpose for a reasonable time i.e. not 18 months. Conor Pope was explaining this on the radio yesterday, and he is one of the champions of consumer rights in this country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭paul150

p.s worst of all is when i do actually get it back i have to wait up to 6 weeks to get my killzone2 back!:(
    Thats if your lucky, a mate of mine is still waiting for a game back 3 months after his ps3 died. Sony were replacing consoles out of warranty up until recently but there seems to have been a policy change, more than likely to cut their costs in the current economic situation

Advertisement