Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Screen recorder for poker games

Options
  • 03-03-2009 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I would like to record some SNG and MTT that I play from my laptop and then share it and comment it with some friends. Is there a program I could use for this?

Thank you for your help. ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭DeadMoney

You can download Camtasia for a 30 day free trial. This is what most coaching sites use. Its really good and you can record audio too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭fatguy

Click! Recorder lets you export to HTML and Word. we use it for writing installation instructions and it's very decent.

http://www.gluesoft.co.jp/en/ClickRec/

Be warned that if you use it for extended sessions you're going to need a lot of RAM and disk space.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭dK1NG

I'll second camtasia - using it now and (so far anyway) it seems pretty handy to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

CamStudio isn't bad, best of all it's free!! :D

http://www.camstudio.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I use Camtasia and it's quality...

• Advertisement

DeadMoney wrote: »
    You can download Camtasia for a 30 day free trial. This is what most coaching sites use. Its really good and you can record audio too.

Can anyone help - I've a 45min video on camtasia. Now, how do I go about getting this onto email, internet etc.

I cant compress it. As is, its 592mb.

dK1NG wrote: »
    Can anyone help - I've a 45min video on camtasia. Now, how do I go about getting this onto email, internet etc.

I cant compress it. As is, its 592mb.

You can't send an email with an attachment that large unfortunately...

What site you're trying to up it to makes a difference here...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

you can upload it to megaupload, then send someone the link

Is 500 mb not to much to upload?

I now have it in wmv format, still roughly the same size. I tried to upload to rapidshare but no joy - says its too big a file. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

• Advertisement

I now have it in wmv format, still roughly the same size. I tried to upload to rapidshare but no joy - says its too big a file. :confused:

You need a premium account with rapidshare to upload files greater than 100Mb. You could split the video into 6 separate .rar files of <100Mb and upload each.

The person on the other end will then have to download the 5 parts and use winrar or similar to recombine them into the original video...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭TripleAce

Stupid question, I recorded my screen last night for about 1 hour, but the recording only took 10 minutes.....similar thing happened a couple of days ago when I recorded for about a hour but the recording only lasted 23 minutes. Any idea of what I am doing wrong? :(

Trial version might only work for 10 minutes?

fatguy wrote: »
    Trial version might only work for 10 minutes?

Or 23 minutes?:pac:

I read gud

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Yeah Camtasia is the best software out there :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭RedJoker

You probably messed up somewhere when rendering it, I've gotten 45 minute videos under 100mb before.

Open the .camrec file in camtasia and go through the rendering process again.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Irish Iron

Have you thought about using a hand replayer where you just input/inport the hand history in text format?
    or is more the 'live' feeling your looking for?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

stevire wrote: »
    CamStudio isn't bad, best of all it's free!! :D

http://www.camstudio.org/

Got that yesterday randomly, grand stuff. Wish it would record sound from streaming vids etc but I suppose it's not really for that.

For the record - Camtasia is what Bobbofitos (and I'm fairly sure aejones as well and probably the rest of them) uses to record his videos for Leggo poker...

• Advertisement
Advertisement