Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double Glazing Pane Replacement

Options
  • 03-03-2009 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭

Folks,
    I have a problem with the lower pane of bathroom window. It has become corroded inside. Probably due to missing screw covers.
    Anyway my question is can I replace a single pane or do I need to get a complete window? :confused:

I attach two photos. Appreciate any help.

danjo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 tobinj6

danjo wrote: »
    Folks,
    I have a problem with the lower pane of bathroom window. It has become corroded inside. Probably due to missing screw covers.
    Anyway my question is can I replace a single pane or do I need to get a complete window? :confused:

danjo

you would be better off replacing the whole window mate, for the size of it it wouldnt cost too much at all,and there wouldnt be too much work involved in it either wat type of size is the window anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

Folks,

danjo

u can get a new pane: no need to replace window.

however try ensure u know waht caused the problem first and fix it

missing screw covers where?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭danjo

Thanks for the info.
    tobinj6 wrote: »
    wat type of size is the window anyway.

It's about 40 (h) x 70 (w) cm.

Carlow52 wrote: »

missing screw covers where?:confused:

Thought that's what they are ...the little oval blank pieces that slot into the bottom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

Thought that's what they are ...the little oval blank pieces that slot into the bottom.
    if u mean slots visible in front in second pic : they are weep holes if not them still:confused::)

Advertisement