Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

insurance quotes for under 25s

• 03-03-2009 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭

hi

any one know who the best insurer is for under 25s?

im 24 and just after passing my test and want to purchase a bike around the 600cc size.

ive over 5 years no claims bonus on a car, but i doubt that would have anything to do with getting insurance on a bike!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

Quinn direct are probably your best bet, but you may as well ring them all theres only 4. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭The Gambler 101

EvilMonkey wrote: »
    Quinn direct are probably your best bet, but you may as well ring them all theres only 4. :mad:

whos the other 3 if u dont mind

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

quinn
    aon
    Carole Nash 1800 298 550
    Adelaide

You only need to ring 3 adelaide wont insure under 25s. If your car insurance is with axa aon will give a discount.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

EvilMonkey wrote: »
    You only need to ring 3 adelaide wont insure under 25s. If your car insurance is with axa aon will give a discount.
    it used to be the case too that if you have a car insurance policy even without being axa. It might have been less of a discount, but it was a reduction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭pajodublin

yeah aon still give a discount (nearly 100€ for me) if you have non axa car insurance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Sry to hijack thread.... im 22, 1years no claims on driving a car. Looking into getting first bike just like Yamaha YBR125 whats insurance like on that? coulndt find anythign on hibernian website...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Fabio

Go to Quinn#s website and get an online quote to get a ballpark figure before ringing them...

My Innova 125 (about the same power as your ybr I'd say) cost me €600 to insure with them but that's third-party only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭colm_c

Sry to hijack thread.... im 22, 1years no claims on driving a car. Looking into getting first bike just like Yamaha YBR125 whats insurance like on that? coulndt find anythign on hibernian website...

Hibernian don't do bikes and car NCB doesn't count for bike insurance.

Give Quinn, AON, Adelaide and Carol Nash a call. The quotes will vary widely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

hi

any one know who the best insurer is for under 25s?

im 24 and just after passing my test and want to purchase a bike around the 600cc size.

ive over 5 years no claims bonus on a car, but i doubt that would have anything to do with getting insurance on a bike!
    If you don't mind riding slightly older bikes, you'll be eligible for classic insurance with Carol Nash when you're 25. It's €380 a year for TPFT and riding other bikes not owned by you but insured by someone else (even if non-classic) is allowed. Unlimited number of bikes covered by the 380 too. It's the best value insurance available but CN are not in general the cheapest for non-classic bikes. Bike insurance is all over the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 113 ✭✭Dutch_Druid

Fabio wrote: »
    Go to Quinn#s website and get an online quote to get a ballpark figure before ringing them...

My Innova 125 (about the same power as your ybr I'd say) cost me €600 to insure with them but that's third-party only.

Got my Hoda Bros 400 for €650, fire and theft, was €400 3rd party only...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

Carol Nash quoted me e7000 for TPFT on a new bandit 650. I got fully comprehensive from Quinn in the end for e1200, small difference:D

I rang up Quinn a few months later to see what sort of quote they'd give me on my car. I was told they wouldn't give me a discount even though I had a motorcycle policy with them but they would give me a 15% discount on life insurance.:rolleyes:

Advertisement