Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bleeding

Options
  • 03-03-2009 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭

Hey everybody,
    Just back from the hospital as i started bleeding earlier. I had a scan and the baby is fine, i saw its lil heartbeat flickering on the screen, scan shows my dates are correct between 7-8weeks. They have no idea whats causing the bleeding, i was just told to rest and come back if it gets any worse. Has anybody else had any similiar experience like this? Im just worried, and i hate the idea that i just have to rest and wait ad see if the bleeding stops or gets worse.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Hi there Princessa. I had some bleeding on my first and I now other ladies who have had the same and all turned out ok. I went for a scan myself too and it showed up as normal and he is now seven and moaning about homework! I read somewhere that 1 in 4 women had light bleeding at the beginning of pregnancy and unless its heavy its usually nothing.
    We are due around the same time by the sounds of it. I'm due on oct 10th.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭jellybaby21

Hi, I am 25+3 weeks pregnant. I had a bit of light bleeding at the start and my gp assured me because I had no pains and because it wasn't heavy that all was ok :)
    If you get any heavy blleding or pains you should go get checked out tho ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭LorDar

Hi Princessa - hope you're doing OK! I think the bleeding is a lot more common than people think - I bled heavily for 3 weeks on my first son (from 6-9wks) & I was at the hospital for scans and blood tests every few days. But he is now a perfectly healthy 3.5 yr old - TG!
    Funny thing is - while I was going through all that little did I know that one of my best friends was going through the same thing. She also bled for quite a bit on her 1st pregnancy & had a baby boy just 2 weeks before I did! It was only after we both felt it was "safe" to tell that we did.
    Anyway, point is - stay in touch with the hospital / your GP & if you think anything doesn't feel right get them to check ASAP!
    Good Luck! (Saw your earlier post - hope your BF gets his act together!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 collgal

Had bleeding early in both my pregnancies. Now have two healthy girls bossing me around as proof that its not always bad news.
    Bleeding on 1st pregnancy lasted until 13 weeks, on 2nd until 9 weeks. Even had cramps and clots on the 2nd one- convinced I'd miscarried but I hadnt. Am keeping my fingers crossed for you - its very much a fate thing as this stage, "what will be, will be". But take some comfort in the knowledge that its not a 100% bad sign and that it might just be a blip in an otherwise perfect pregnancy.
    Good Thoughts are with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Crea

Bled on my 3 and all pregnancies were fine. once you have a healthy scan the likelyhood of anything going wrong is minute. Just rest and try not to worry too much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Princessa

Still the same today but the furthest ive moved is from my bed to the couch. Thak you for all the replies, they have really helped. :o

Advertisement