Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best online gaming

• 03-03-2009 7:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭

internet provider..

Ive been looking to get a decebt net connection and serously looking into a few companys

what do you use ? was thinking of getting immagiune broad band there 7.6 mb 30gb connection. 35 euros a month, has any one got any experence with this provider and other companys for that matter i just dont know what to get as im going to be very new to online gfaming in genral..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

I'm with imagine on their old 2mb connection, asked to be upgraded to 3mb but still hasn't happened. Anyway...

With regards to gaming online I never have any problems, DSL line is never down and I have decent enough pings too, haven't experienced any lag that I can recall.

Problem with imagine is their sales/customer services team don't appear to have any idea about the packages they offer/offered, I've been back and forth with them for ages now trying to get upgraded and some of them seem clueless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

I'm with imagine on their old 2mb connection, asked to be upgraded to 3mb but still hasn't happened. Anyway...

With regards to gaming online I never have any problems, DSL line is never down and I have decent enough pings too, haven't experienced any lag that I can recall.

Problem with imagine is their sales/customer services team don't appear to have any idea about the packages they offer/offered, I've been back and forth with them for ages now trying to get upgraded and some of them seem clueless.

cool man thanks for the reply are you happy with the service ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

If its for gaming then 1-2mb is all you need for bandwidth purposes.

Larger connections are really only useful for those who download films etc.

You won't see any difference past the 1meg mark really.

I've been gaming online with broadband since Eircom first released it back in 2004 i think, at that time it was 512kbps (0.5mbps)
    I'm at 3meg with eircom now, and my ping has largely remained the same througout the year. 30-60ms on UK/European servers.

Eircom is a bit more expensive than most, don't know why, but they do own the lines...and as for stability....I can only recall my internet ever going down twice. And when it came up a few hours later my speed had been upgraded.;)...for free :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

cool man thanks for the reply are you happy with the service ?

Apart from the issue specific to me I'd have to say I am with the rest of the service, way better than that UTV crowd I was with before.

Advertisement