Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Corps Fleet

• 03-03-2009 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭

Can anyone answer the following

Why did the IAC invest in Pc9's when they lead into nothing?
    Why did the IAC invest in AW139's to ferry ministers around while having to hire hips to ferry soldiers around Chad? Are the 08d choppers too posh to slum it ?
    What is the Garda Islander used for or has it ever flown much????
    In the current climate could the IAC pick up a mothballed commercial airbus cheaply to utilise as a troop transport/political taxi?

It seems that even with a limited budget the IAC could be more efficient with a fleet designed to meet its needs

Plus a few apaches........:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭AircraftTechie

muppet01 wrote: »
    Can anyone answer the following

Why did the IAC invest in Pc9's when they lead into nothing?
    Why did the IAC invest in AW139's to ferry ministers around while having to hire hips to ferry soldiers around Chad? Are the 08d choppers too posh to slum it ?
    What is the Garda Islander used for or has it ever flown much????
    In the current climate could the IAC pick up a mothballed commercial airbus cheaply to utilise as a troop transport/political taxi?

It seems that even with a limited budget the IAC could be more efficient with a fleet designed to meet its needs

Plus a few apaches........:)

The only thing i know is the Defender is used quite a bit as it can loiter/oribt for quite some time and there is some sensitive equipment on board. I have seen her over Galway more times than the EC-135's

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭muppet01

The only thing i know is the Defender is used quite a bit as it can loiter/oribt for quite some time and there is some sensitive equipment on board. I have seen her over Galway more times than the EC-135's

The Defender was originally tasked for border patrol hence the gear but you would think it should be re equipped or sold on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Sadly, it is sometimes used to find bodies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Foggy43

muppet01 wrote: »

No! The banks will not give credit at the moment because they have not got the money and the loan insurers cannot cover loans as they are also in financial crises.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

post to military forums and you should get the answers you seek!

• Advertisement
Advertisement