Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting power tools - saw

Options
  • 03-03-2009 7:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hello all

I am looking to rent a power saw that will both cross cut and long cut (think its called ripping) floor boards.

I saw a Dewalt (i think) on the net for purchase for about 800 yo yo's but dont want to buy it.

Does anyone know of a hire co (preferrably about kilkenny) that could rent me one.

Alternatively id buy a used one if the price was attractive.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Ripping is the word you are looking for ;) What type of saw was it that you are looking for?

To be honest, I do a fiar bit of woodworking and I have and use an Aldi circular saw for rough and quick ripping if I was doing a job away from the shop (once the piece is well supported!). I'd prefer to use the table saw though, obviously quicker, somewhat safer and cleaner.

What lenght of ripping are you looking to do? I assume if its for a floor it wont be that much. Surely a jigsaw with a coarse blade in it using a guide fence would do the job?! As well as the cross cutting. Lidl had a good jigsaw on offer a couple of weeks back. For the price you'd pay to hire a saw you'd probably get yourself a lowerend circular saw or jigsaw.

Failing that pick yourself up a decent brand handsaw! :D

Advertisement