Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Media in DIT or English, Media & Cultural Studies in IADT??

Options
  • 03-03-2009 8:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Heyy!

NOTE: People of DIT!
    DON'T BE MAD!
    I'm just asking for my benefit, not to start a row.

I know that these two courses are different - different colleges too - but please leave out any comments which are biased towards a specific college or course, i'm not asking who prefers what!!

What I am asking is...

Which course out of these would be better to get into the advertising side of life??

Does anyone know, honestly, which course is better for the area I'm interested in?

I know at the end of the day, it's all down to what i get offered but ya knooooow.... I just wanna know! :]

Thank youuh

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Hi there TEA!

I'm a 1st year Media Arts student so I can give you a little insight into what we're doing at the moment.

The course thus far is very filmed based. Semester one we had modules in Creative Writing, Approaches to Media and an Introduction to Film Studies. This semester we had a choice between Narratives of Postmodern Ireland and Irish Media History. We also have modules in Photography, Audio, Video and Languages, both cultural and grammar.

If you're thinking about getting into advertising then I would think something more along the lines of marketing would be beneficial there but Media Arts here in DIT, to me seems to be there for aspiring Directors, Producers etc.

Your best bet would be to call into Aungier St. and talk to either Stella Downey or Eddie Brennan in the School of Media (4th Floor).

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭disssco

I'd rather be in Dublin than Limerick, purely for the nightlife and the hedonism.

Advertisement