Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

size matters

• 03-03-2009 8:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

gain an extra 24 inches...... i just bought a 42" tv and what a difference it makes to multi player games in cod waw im able to see the map in much better quality and much futher distances gears is the same aswell what i wanna know is is there much of a difference between lcd and plasma tvs for gaming

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Show off :P :pac::pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,793 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

gain an extra 24 inches...... i just bought a 42" tv and what a difference it makes to multi player games in cod waw im able to see the map in much better quality and much futher distances gears is the same aswell what i wanna know is is there much of a difference between lcd and plasma tvs for gaming

Much better black levels on a plasma. Also colours are more vibrant and less motion blurring as well.

Plasma pisses all over LCD but you can't really get small plasmas and you do pay a lot extra.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Much better black levels on a plasma. Also colours are more vibrant and less motion blurring as well.

Plasma pisses all over LCD but you can't really get small plasmas and you do pay a lot extra.

I agree, but you'd better get ready for the LCD backlash like how they've gotten response times down etc etc. :P

I prefer LCD myself, because if its in any way bright at all you can see a reflection of yourself/room in the Plasma's screen. If it's dark enough, then i don't think that problem exists, though.

Other than that, i've used plasmas and LCDs and i can't say i've noticed (or cared) about the difference.

42" screens are great for gaming though, especially with HD, obviously. GTA IV looks great, in my opinion.

Advertisement