Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

bad roads what get my goat...

• 03-03-2009 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

Anyone ever use the roundabout in between the east link toll bridge and the O2?

I hate it-surface is in bits, it has exposed (and completely unused) railway tracks, and this is all (being a roundabout) on a bend where yr traveling at very low speeds.

I cross it every weekday morning-always feel i'm gonna tumble. Subsequent East Wall road is pretty shabby too-poor lighting & a read patch work of a surface. For some reasons it always seems to have just been raining before when I take it. :rolleyes:

Anyone else have any pet-hate roads?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Anyone else have any pet-hate roads?
    Yeah, the irish ones...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

I hate man hole covers. You know the ones where the road has been resurfaced, but they didn't raise the level of the man hole cover. It's like the nice new road has a pothole made into it! A few bad ones along the Canal Roal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 398 ✭✭reece

The lucan road is rubbish at the moment due to on going roadworks. The tarmac is all scraped from the heavy machinery tracks and for 100m stretches you can hit a groove and it's follow the groove until it lets you out - lethal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Quint wrote: »
    I hate man hole covers. You know the ones where the road has been resurfaced, but they didn't raise the level of the man hole cover. It's like the nice new road has a pothole made into it! A few bad ones along the Canal Roal

Yeah, I always hit that one on the Canal Road. There are 3-4 of them, but one of them is really deep and gives quite a jolt to the wrists when you hit it.

There's a few large lumps on concrete that were left to dry on the Ballycoolin Road, just near the junction with Snugborough. They can scare you a bit if you don't know they are there.

And then there's all those roads with unmarked speed bumps....impossible to see at night in some areas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Some day i'm going to get yellow paint and paint a circle around those ones on the canal road. They're right in the middle, exactly where you'd drive a motorcycle. I'm usually thinking "there's one around here" and as I'm thinking it, BUMP, i've hit it.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭pajodublin

the road between ballymun and finglas, the one along where the new ikea is
    Death Trap of a road

Advertisement