Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shelbourne FC Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2009

• 03-03-2009 8:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭

Considering we've more fans on here than half the English clubs that have threads, and its embarassing for us to only have one solitary superthread for our whole league, I felt this thread was appropriate. I'll gladly update it with press releases etc. aplenty.

First game of the season at home to Wexford on Friday, people should come along even if they've never been before.

http://www.herald.ie/sport/soccer/keely-hits-out-at-fai-licencing-1656061.html

A little interview to get discussion going. Keely is a hero.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

ooooooo It looks so pretty.:D. A Fingal fan the first to post, shocking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Second to post, first to reply;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

What'll be shocking is if you or Fingal are around to post first the Shelbourne discussion thread of the 2010 season. Enough of the pettiness though, this is for Shels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Keely's gob is heroic! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Töpher wrote: »
    Keely's gob is heroic! :D

yeah, love his rallying speeches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Anto McC wrote: »
    What'll be shocking is if you or Fingal are around to post first the Shelbourne discussion thread of the 2010 season. Enough of the pettiness though, this is for Shels.

Agreed a child only plays with his toy until he gets bored of it and then throws it away!!

Cant wait till Friday, I reckon 1-0. We have played well in pre-season and our new signings have impressed i.e Quigley, Hynes, Cassidy and Madden.

Come on the REDS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Ooooh likin this thread a lot.

Could be a great year for us with the new faces that have been brought in. The forward three of Bisto, Hynes and Madden has goals in it so hopefully they can deliver, starting on Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Couldn't give a ****e about Friday tbh. The league is a jokeshop. I'm looking forward to seeing heads I haven't seen since November, getting some new gear in the shop, etc,. The football is secondary for the first time for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

just having a laugh. Best of luck with the thread, honest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

DSB wrote: »
    Considering we've more fans on here than half the English clubs that have threads, and its embarassing for us to only have one solitary superthread for our whole league
    Too right. Good luck with it.

• Advertisement

Hoping we see Madden and Hynes start up top on Friday, Bisto's been poor from what I've seen of the pre-season, and it needs to be made clear that he won't be the main figure up front if he doesn't put in the performances.

Plus, young Madden seems absolutely incredible. Then again, maybe bringing him on with 30 to go and watch him destroy tiring defenders? Hmmm... :eek:

Think Daisy'll start right back, but I'd like to see him stay central with Quigley on the right, but from pre-season Keely and Kev look to be the prefered central partnership, probably with Creepy out left.

McAllister's got to be a cert to start in midfield, he's been fantastic so far. Tough choice between McGill and O'Brien to partner him, really like them both as players (would be more than happy to see 433 with those 3 in the centre and Giller sitting a little deeper).

Baker'll start out right, given the money he must be on he's almost certain to, but personally I think he looks miles off the pace (and was none too impressed with him reefing the ball off Madden for the penalty in Kildare!). Casso on the left, which'll be grand, he's a crackin' player.

I'm somewhat confident now, but on Friday I'll be dreading it! :D

Think Daisy'll start right back, but I'd like to see him stay central with Quigley on the right, but from pre-season Keely and Kev look to be the prefered central partnership, probably with Creepy out left.

Why bother bringing in a player of the quality of Quigs if he's not going to get into the side?

Alan Keely starting is a joke imo, and the central pairing SHOULD be Doherty and Daisy.

The Creepy/Baker axis was the fulcrum of our last PD Title, so should do ok in the FD.

Think Giller is suspended for the first game, so MOB and McAllister to start.

I certainly wouldn't be dropping Bisto for the first game, no way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Hoping we see Madden and Hynes start up top on Friday, Bisto's been poor from what I've seen of the pre-season, and it needs to be made clear that he won't be the main figure up front if he doesn't put in the performances.

+1 saying that I think Bisto will be raring to go and should be in good form. We'll have to wait and see I suppose, roll on 8pm Friday.:cool:

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    getting some new gear in the shop,

Just on that, there's meant to be a new rain jacket on sale. If anyone sees it would they be able to post up the price and a description? Might get one sent over.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Just on that, there's meant to be a new rain jacket on sale. If anyone sees it would they be able to post up the price and a description? Might get one sent over.

I'll most likely be over early (probably be getting dragged back to selling progammes since some of the SSDG lads will be running the shop now) so I'll go one better and take a photo and post it here for you.;)

Nice one Gav, cheers

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Nice one Gav, cheers

No bother, just put a reminder in my phone otherwise I'd forget.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

This season will be good, we actually have a reason to hate Fingal now. Also Limerick after their goal in the last game. Anyone else?

Are you taking the mick Des when you say the Creepy/Baker axis was central to our last PD title? I hope so

Quint wrote: »
    This season will be good, we actually have a reason to hate Fingal now. Also Limerick after their goal in the last game. Anyone else?

Do we need a reason to hate Fingal? I don't anyway. As for Limerick, all I have to say is God help Colin Scanlon if he's in Tolka on the 27th, can see someone trying to kill him, and I have a fierce idea what fan is crazy enough to do so. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Plus, young Madden seems absolutely incredible. Then again, maybe bringing him on with 30 to go and watch him destroy tiring defenders? Hmmm... :eek:

Good to hear, although he did very little against Bohs last week. Anyone know when the loan ends? July?

bohsman wrote: »
    Good to hear, although he did very little against Bohs last week. Anyone know when the loan ends? July?

Back with Bohs for the CL campaign.

Really? Feck! Thoguht it was a season-long loan! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

Great idea for a thread.
    I'm going for 2 - 0 on Friday, even though Yoofs have improved.
    Hopefully Bisto starts on form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,960 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

The 114th year of the World's Greatest Football Club.

2-1 win on Friday night. Nice nervy start to the season. :)

Franchise to disappear in the summer. :pac:

I'll go with a 3-0 stunning start to the season for shels

I couldn't be more excited. This really is what its all about.

I've never been less excited about a new season. i really hope that a few games change my attitude because i am as close as i've ever been to packing the whole lot in.

I can't make it. Gutted! The first game always has a great atmosphere

• Advertisement

Will Madden and Flood be played up front tonight?
    I haven't seen Madden and only saw Hynes once last season, which one of them should start?

Probably be Hynes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Peter Hynes i ****ing hate that guy.

http://www.shelbournefc.ie/news.php?id=1132
    Shelbourne v Wexford Youths

First match of the season sees Shelbourne at home to Wexford Youths in Tolka Park on Friday night (KO 8pm)

The Reds preparations for the new season had a setback on Wednesday night, when three of the squad were unable to train due to injury.

Robbie Hedderman (hamstring), Dave McAllister (ankle) and David Cassidy (ankle) all sat out training and are doubtful for Friday. All three will have fitness tests before the game.

With McAllister and Casso doubtful, I'm not at all confident of a win this evening.

http://www.shelbournefc.ie/news.php?id=1131

Nothing about a new rain jacket there Xavi6?:confused:

It's a shower jacket.

• Advertisement

Lol who the fuck typed that up?!
    Flags, Blow Hors, Kids All-in-One W/Proofs, Black Wallets, Blacl Scarves, Goalkeeoer's Gloves, Shin Guards etc. will also be available.

I'll be having one of them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,960 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Zebra3 wrote: »
    2-1 win on Friday night. Nice nervy start to the season. :)

Franchise to disappear in the summer. :pac:

One down, one to go. ;)

I was very impressed with Cassidy and Baker last night, but the defence was awful at times. What's going on with it?

Lovely.

Ye Xavi6 I was in the shop and didn't see any rain jackets, might have missed them though cause it was pretty packed.

I was very impressed with Cassidy and Baker last night, but the defence was awful at times. What's going on with it?

Alan Keely.

• Advertisement

DSB wrote: »
    Alan Keely.

Useless, its obvious he shouldn't be playing my back 4 would be Creepy-Daisey-Doherty-Quigley Hopefully that was only a knock doherty picked up!

It looked pretty nasty, think it was the way he landed on his ankle. Must have spent a good 5 minutes hobbling into position (and still doing a bloody great job!) on it before looking to receive treatment when a Wexford player went down.

...hopefully he won't be out for the season now! :D

Ah lads. The Aul reds are great aren't they?

I've said a lot over the last while but i love them really

Ah lads. The Aul reds are great aren't they?

I've said a lot over the last while but i love them really

As your sig says "F*ck Them All!!!" :D

True, i was also locked when i posted that so i've impressed myself that there is no spelling/typing mistakes.

Who's heading to Monaghan? I'm on my longest run of appearances at competitive games ever both home and away. Monaghan will be 14th game in a row without missing one. Gav will tell us how many friendlies he's never missed now ;)

Bah.
    Can't go to any Friday away matches until the summer because of college.
    Just when I was planning to start going to more and all.
    We should be wary of Monaghan. Last season we dropped a lot of points there, and that pesky Freeman could come back to haunt us. They also got Bermingham, who isn't a bad player either.

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Who's heading to Monaghan? I'm on my longest run of appearances at competitive games ever both home and away. Monaghan will be 14th game in a row without missing one. Gav will tell us how many friendlies he's never missed now ;)

Trying to figure out whether to drive up, or bus it with booze... :pac: Feck it, I'll walk!

No Friday aways for me this season.

I'm the only one in the office until 7 every evening.

Apart from UCD and Fungal, obv.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

If there's no-one in the office they won't notice you're gone :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement