Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shelbourne FC Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2009

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Gav will tell us how many friendlies he's never missed now ;)

Only missed Letterkenny away so far this season and that was because my mocks started the next day.:P

Anyway I shall be in Monaghan.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Will also be in Monaghan.

Taken from the Shels forum;
    pizzapie wrote:
    The shop is currently stocking the following items:

New 2009/10 home shirt - €50 adults, €40 kids sizes
    683476199a10321301404l.jpg

New season cotton polo -€35
    683476199a10321301571l.jpg

New season poly t-shirt - €30
    683476199a10321342443l.jpg

New season poly polo - €35
    683476199a10321373580l.jpg

New season shower Jacket (also available in navy) - €50
    683476199a10321385272l.jpg

Also available, new shels tracksuits (same style as the shower jackets) - €70, and coming soon new sweatshirts and hoodys - €TBA.
    Any other desired items from the umbro catalogue can also be specially ordered for delivery - ask in the shop for details! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,960 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Handy 3-1 win tomorrow night. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Taken from the Shels forum;

Like the home shirt, but the scaldy sponsor sign spoils it a bit, I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

stovelid wrote: »
    Like the home shirt, but the scaldy sponsor sign spoils it a bit, I think.

For a six figure sum, it can be as scaldy as it wants tbh.

Also, it doesn't look TOO bad in the flesh.

Shels are wearing all red this season too, the red shirt, shorts and socks looks really well, imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Lovin that rain jacket. The blue looks class. Might get one sent over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Don't like the all red. If they got rid of the trimmings possibly. But for me, white shorts looks best.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Lovin that rain jacket. The blue looks class. Might get one sent over.

Liking it myself, but don't have a penny spare at the moment and the cotton polo is my next purchase on the cards.:cool:

• Advertisement

Monaghan United v Shelbourne

Friday night sees Shelbourne head north to meet with Mick Cooke’s Monaghan United.

Shelbourne overcame a resolute Wexford Youths teams in the first game of the season in Tolka Park last Friday night, by two goals to one, and will be hoping to repeat the result against what is reported to be a much improved United side this season.

While Shels manager Dermot Keely freely admits that he expects the Reds to be competing for one of the play-off positions come November, - having conceded that Sporting Fingal will in all likelihood head the table – he will be going all out to win Friday’s game in a location that has not been kind to Shelbourne since they were dropped down to Division One two seasons ago. In fact, of the games played there, Monaghan have won all four, scoring eight goals without reply in the process.

Keely however feels that he has the players to win this one, citing the quality of the three ‘Premier League’ players he has at his disposal in Dave McAllister “He’s magnificent. He’s a real Premier class players”, Richie Baker “It’s great to have Richie back. You could see the difference he made in the Wexford match”, and Kevin Doherty “we are lucky to have him”.

Doherty, who is not fully recovered from the ankle injury which necessitated him leaving the pitch late in the second half on Friday and has not trained since, may have to play as fellow central defender, Alan Keely is very doubtful, suffering from a chest infection which cut short his training session on Wednesday night.

Darren Meenan serves the first of a two week suspension carried over from last season.

b>,Results over past two seasons:

Shelbourne 1–1 Monaghan United
    Monaghan United 4–0 Shelbourne
    Shelbourne 1-1 Monaghan United
    Monaghan United 1-0 Shelbourne

Monaghan United 1-0 Shelbourne
    Shelbourne 2-0 Monaghan United
    Monaghan United 2-0 Shelbourne
    Shelbourne 1-0 Monaghan United

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

Shelsweb down for everyone else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Aye, looks a bit on the odd side! What a funkin' result, thought we'd never score! :D

Rubbish game wasn't it? Thought we deserved it in the end though. Monaghan were atrocious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

Match being moved :mad: Can't go now :mad: Hate school.

Tis an absolute disgrace.

• Advertisement

I can go now so suits me. But it's a total joke really. Who's going anyway? I ****ing hate this trip. Takes ****ing ages on a coach.

Pain in the bollox this, i'll be there but haven't decided if I'm Toshing or Irish Railing it, don't really have the money to be getting the train and Tosh back, but not in the mood of the parents bitching at me because I have to get off at 12.30. Decisions, decisions, decisions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I was going to go down on Saturday, but I work until 7, so can't go on Friday.

Bastards.

Still no explaination or apology.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

Anto McC wrote: »
    Still no explaination or apology.

aye, strange decision

no chance of me making it down in time either now, i presume it'll be a similar story for a good few

• Advertisement

Waterford United v Shelbourne

Shelbourne travel to the South-East on Friday, to take on one of the leading contenders for the Division One title, in a game that was originally scheduled for Saturday night.

The Reds have secured two wins from two outings so far this season - Home to wexford Youths (2-1) and away to Managhan United (0-1). manager Dermot Keely will however be looking for all-round improvement against the Blues, under new boss, Stephen Henderson, as at times in Monaghan last week, especially in the first half, it looked as if the Reds, once again, would be leaving the venue with nothing to show fro their efforts. However, following a couple of substitutions early in the second half, his charges showed some of the form which has them installed by the bookies as one of the favourites to head the table come mid November.

Both Darren Meenan and David McGill miss this outing as a result of misdemeanours last season.

On the injury front, Stephen Quigley will not play having picked up a calf injury in the game with Monaghan United.

Load of my left one, mate had to work late and then at 4.30pm his dad decided not to drive down, so all other transport options were out. Miss a great trip down there on a lovely day and all.:(

Jzuz Gav that's some record out the window :L

hunter164 wrote: »
    Jzuz Gav that's some record out the window :L

What record?

What record?
    Being at every game :pac:

hunter164 wrote: »
    Being at every game :pac:

Missed one game last season, and missed then one friendly this season and ofcourse Waterford.:(

Ha Ha :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Nothin better than a late winner! :D

Shocking stuff down in rugby land last night. Pitch was woeful. Baker was woeful. Madden the hero. Gav is now officially not hardcore. 15 games in a row for me :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,960 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Awful game.

Great 3 points.

The final 5 mins were worth suffering the mind numbing boredom of the the preceeding 85 though. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

We were lucky to go in level at half time, and then that boy Madden at the death - heroic stuff! :D The game was quite poor though, but I'll take that for the rest of the seaon if it gets the results in!

Who's going tonight? Hard to know what to expect from them. They'll be playing for places now that the taximan is in charge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Another 3 points in the bag. I felt embarrassed for Limerick sending their keeper up for a corner again at the end of the game :rolleyes: very small-time IMO.

Got some fine abuse into Scully for that small time move. Pathetic stuff. Fingal won 8-0 :eek:

Ah they can win 8 nil all they want against Kildare and the other small boys, I'll take our 4 1 goal wins any day:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

DSB wrote: »
    Ah they can win 8 nil all they want against Kildare and the other small boys, I'll take our 4 1 goal wins any day:)

Gets ya little bit more worried though;)

Haha nah not at all. Tis to be expected. Fingal will do that a few more times this season against Athlone, Mervue and Kildare, but then drop plenty of points on away trips against the better teams in the league.

You didn't beat Brazil.

Haha nah not at all. Tis to be expected. Fingal will do that a few more times this season against Athlone, Mervue and Kildare, but then drop plenty of points on away trips against the better teams in the league.

Just wait till we meet in two weeks time. 2 nil to the fingal. you heard it here first:D

• Advertisement

Just wait till we meet in two weeks time. 2 nil to the fingal. you heard it here first:D

Doubt it, seriously don't think half the Fingal players care too much about the club.

Doubt it, seriously don't think half the Fingal players care too much about the club.

We will see;)

How did you s look against limerick

We were poor mostly. Not awful, just not firing on all cylinders. It's looking like I'm gonna miss the Fingal game now as I'm off on holidays at Easter. Haven't missed a game since August and it sucks it'll be this one I'll miss :(

Yeah we were poor. But 12 from 12 is a sign of getting things done, and I don't think beating UCD and Fingal is gonna be about playing amazing football, in the First Division its about getting the job done and thats what Keely has us set out to do. Like Kildare will be easy to hammer regularly, and possibly Mervue will come into the same category but otherwise its just about grinding out the wins. I don't see Fingal doing that. They'll be spectacular at times but inconsistent I'd say.

Yeh, they won't do that every week. Bar O'Neill, Kirby, Byrne and Zayed, they essentially have a FD standard side. The two questions are, will those 4 PD class players be enough to elevate the whole side and will they sign a truck load of players in the the transfer window?

Yeh, they won't do that every week. Bar O'Neill, Kirby, Byrne and Zayed, they essentially have a FD standard side. The two questions are, will those 4 PD class players be enough to elevate the whole side and will they sign a truck load of players in the the transfer window?

Will there be a truck load of players to sign in the transfer window? I don't think clubs will have to cut their budgets again in July. Thats always saved for just before licencing to save their arses. Unless they sign players from English clubs who are in financial difficulties, which is possible. Hopefully we've increased our lead by then though.

• Advertisement

The day before the league was to kick off Gary O'Neill and 3 other players walked out of training and went to the boozer. Some players and Liam Buckley don't seem to be getting along and things have got no better since. A lot of unrest there with some new players and i wouldn't be suprised if they left come the next window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

Quigley (one of the best keepers in the whole league), Maher, Williams, Bayly, McFaul, Gaynor, Paisley (was savage last season) all up to Premier Division standard. Frost is pretty decent too. I still think they will walk the division (although if what Anto says is true...).

I honestly reckon David McAllister is better than every single player they have.

Put together?

Anto McC wrote: »
    Put together?

Hahaha ehhhhhh.... yeah.

• Advertisement
Advertisement