Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Shelbourne FC Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2009

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Quigley (one of the best keepers in the whole league), Maher, Williams, Bayly, McFaul, Gaynor, Paisley (was savage last season) all up to Premier Division standard. Frost is pretty decent too. I still think they will walk the division (although if what Anto says is true...).

Forget about Quigley. But the rest, meh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

See how I helped. Got this thread moving a bit. Nothing like a Fingal fan to get the shels fans all riled up. Its like beating a bees nest with a stick.:D

Have to agree with some of what is said, but most of our team is up to premier standard. But that wont mean we will walk this division. Id imagine their is some pretty big egos in our dressing room which may be difficult to control. I would swap our results with shels in a heart beat(obvious i know). Keep getting the points and the form will eventual come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

The problem at Fingal and the thing most likely to hold them back (according to my very well placed and reliable scource) is Liam Buckley but he isn't going to walk away any time soom as he has invested a lot of his own money in them too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

See how I helped. Got this thread moving a bit. Nothing like a Fingal fan to get the shels fans all riled up. Its like beating a bees nest with a stick.:D

Have to agree with some of what is said, but most of our team is up to premier standard. But that wont mean we will walk this division. Id imagine their is some pretty big egos in our dressing room which may be difficult to control. I would swap our results with shels in a heart beat(obvious i know). Keep getting the points and the form will eventual come.
    To be fair, Delaney, Doherty, McAllister, Cassidy, O'Brien, Flood and Madden are just as good as those players described as Premier standard. Fingal just signed big name players.

DSB wrote: »
    To be fair, Delaney, Doherty, McAllister, Cassidy, O'Brien, Flood and Madden are just as good as those players described as Premier standard. Fingal just signed big name players.

I wouldnt argue with that (about your players that is)
    The lads we have signed are big name for a reason. They are good players. The only player from what i have seen who thinks he is a big shot is Robbie Doyle and he was already there.

Oh and i would like to add Conan Byrne to the PD list of players we have. The Guy is pure class on and off the pitch.

Where were you all tonight lads? Shocking crowd. And some fantastic excuses I'm sure too. Like, "I couldn't make it".

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Where were you all tonight lads? Shocking crowd. And some fantastic excuses I'm sure too. Like, "I couldn't make it".

what was the crowd?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

I was there :cool:

Eh 524?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

The only thing more shocking than the crowd was Dundalk's attitude, noone gave two hoots, except for Mansaram who kept throwing fits like a spoilt child not getting his way! :pac:

Have we had a worse crowd since we were demoted? I remember a game in 2006 v Bangor Celtic when there was only 400-500 there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Have we had a worse crowd since we were demoted? I remember a game in 2006 v Bangor Celtic when there was only 400-500 there.

Last season we had a shocking one, was against league match against Monaghan on a Monday iirc, only about 500 maybe 600 max.

I would have thought it would have been a decent crowd, being it Shels -v- Dundalk I was hoping for about 1,000 but sure. As for the Dundalk fans, scabby baskets sold 5 progammes down there end last night, feckin' 5!

Hard luck lads:P

Robbed by the ref to be fair, not that our performance deserved a win, but we scored a genuinely good goal to go in front only for it to be disallowed. Would we have lost it from there? I doubt it.

I guess we will never know

Seriously how the hell was it disallowed, nothing in it at all.:rolleyes:

As for the attendence, 1429. Great I must say, was pretty even aswell Fingal stand wasn't full so about 650-700 over there and then the rest being Reds.

How come you's could only bring 20 odd fans to Tolka last season?:confused:

As for the attendence, 1429. Great I must say, was pretty even aswell Fingal stand wasn't full so about 650-700 over there and then the rest being Reds.

There was alot of blue jackets and red jerseys in the stand. Think there were a few people trying to avoid the cold.

Great away support. Would agree with your estimates to a degree. We had 660 fans in the stand against UCD(that includes Ucd fans) The stand last night was fuller than the ucd game. So it was more like 750. I came late and found it difficult to find a seat. Also fans standing at railings and to the left of the stand.
    We only have a small supporters club in swords. Not many of our fans travel. We dont have many die hard supporters at the mo to be honest. Will come in time i hope. At least UCD lost which suits both clubs.

Great away support. Would agree with your estimates to a degree. We had 660 fans in the stand against UCD(that includes Ucd fans) The stand was fuller than that last night. So it was more like 750. I came late and found it difficult to find a seat. Also fans standing at railings and to the left of the stand.
    We only have a small supporters club in swords. Not many of our fans travel. We dont have many die hard supporters at the mo to be honest. Will come in time i hope. At least UCD lost which suits both clubs.

Haha you're a closet Shels fan aren't you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Disappointing result. Would've been great to have picked up a point out there. At least UCD lost.

On a positive note, I got my trainin jacket today. Feckin lovely it is.

Great away support. Would agree with your estimates to a degree. We had 660 fans in the stand against UCD(that includes Ucd fans) The stand was fuller than that last night. So it was more like 750. I came late and found it difficult to find a seat. Also fans standing at railings and to the left of the stand.

Not sure if you have contact with the club, but seriously when we play yous again down in the Morton in October they need it sorted, the queue outside was a joke, 1 box selling tickets for the guts of 800 Shels fans, finally the copped on to let students/children just pay their fiver to the women selling progammes, but then no one was selling progammes (I had to ask if they had any even on sale).:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

1-0 to the FAI.

Down to 4th, after Waterford beat Monaghan 6-0 earlier.

Wouldn't worry too much about that, its so close still thanks to the UCD defeat, if we win the last 4 of the first series of fixtures, I reckon we'll be top come the end, and I reckon we'll do that.

Not sure if you have contact with the club, but seriously when we play yous again down in the Morton in October they need it sorted, the queue outside was a joke, 1 box selling tickets for the guts of 800 Shels fans, finally the copped on to let students/children just pay their fiver to the women selling progammes, but then no one was selling progammes (I had to ask if they had any even on sale).:rolleyes:

Wont argue. It should be sorted.
    I am but a simple fan and have nothing to do with the running of the club. I do think the amount of away supporters caught us by surprise. No excuse though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Chanandler Bong

i dont like shelbourne

We don't like you!;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,960 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Anyone know if Deano is out injured for tonight?

Not good if he is..... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

He's listed as slight knock on the shelsweb site .. shoulder injury .. hopefully he'll be right ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭GlasnevinRed

Mind games hopefully.

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Anyone know if Deano is out injured for tonight?

Not good if he is..... :(

His cousin, which I happen to know, she said he should be fit and play tonight, please God let him be fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Great Win tonight, best performance of the season. Anyone know if MOB is alright?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Missed tonight with work but heard it was the best performance of the season, not that that'd take much, did we actually play well? Could bode well to not get results playing crap and now we may actually start upping the performance...

We were fantastic last night, absolutely unreal.

Great Win tonight, best performance of the season. Anyone know if MOB is alright?

No word on him, but one of my mates was sitting over right were it happened and said it looked back, he's thinks it was an elbow into the temple or something along them lines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

We were fantastic last night, absolutely unreal.
    QFT.

Unbelievable performances from everyone in a red jersey (and Deano!) last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

No word on him, but one of my mates was sitting over right were it happened and said it looked back, he's thinks it was an elbow into the temple or something along them lines.

It happened in front of where i was sitting too ... both players were going for the ball , bad clash but was accidental. There was some blood and they got him "eventually" into neck brace as a precaution.

Thought cassidy had a great game in midfield , puts in some great crosses....was my motm.

Maccer had a great game too defiantly his best of the season, still needs to relax on the challenges tough.

Tricky encounter for Shel's this week. Id be delighted with a draw the way they tore us apart in Tolka. I reckon Mons could fingers crossed get a point off Fungus which will keep our lead in tact with Fungus next week.

Important two weeks for Shels.

I think we'll get the win, but while I wouldn't be happy with a draw, I wouldn't go home upset over it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

I think we'll get the win, but while I wouldn't be happy with a draw, I wouldn't go home upset over it.
    You will be if we play like we have recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

I'd snap someones hand off now if they offered a draw, they destroyed us earlier in the season, absolutely took us apart. No idea what's happened since but we know what they're capable of

Great Win for Shels last night, some nice passing moves put together by the midfield and although Hynes gets a lot of stick he played extremely well. This puts us in a great position now, a draw against Fungus and its ours to lose!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Superhands

is there any word on the stadium situation and where Shele will be playing when/if they leave Tolka ?

Superhands wrote: »
    is there any word on the stadium situation and where Shele will be playing when/if they leave Tolka ?

Nope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,960 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Superhands wrote: »

Irishtown and AUL have been mentioned.

Yes to the former, no to the latter. :)

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Irishtown and AUL have been mentioned.

Yes to the former, no to the latter. :)

Think everyone is praying for Irishtown. Ground shares have also been mentioned, but not viable in my opinion, we need a stadium in an area with no other LoI team, basically Rovers going to Tallaght.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

If we move to Irishtown i'll jizz my pants

Paparazzo wrote: »
    If we move to Irishtown i'll jizz my pants

Likeso, prime area for a new club, great transport links and it's alot handier for me to get to.:D