Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Failing and repeat questions

Options
  • 03-03-2009 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Hi lads and lassies

I'm after failing a few subjects, all of which had C.A worth 30% in them and some also had groupwork involved

I was just wondering what the story is with repeating these subjects?
    Will I have to hand in seperate projects for each subject I have to repeat or will I just have to sit one main exam?

Also one of the subjects I failed had loads of group work involved, whats the situation when that has to be repeated?

Would appreciate if anyone had any info

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭NerfNerder

Hey there. As far as I know you can still pass the subjects by passing your end of year exams. If the CA makes up 30 per cent of the subject then there is still 70 per cent up for grabs.

If you fail the end of year exams then you can repeat them in august/september when the repeats are on but again this paper will be out of 70 per cent.

So basically you have lost your 30 per cent marks for CA but it is still possible to pass.

Basically you will not be repeating the CA just the written. Hope this post made sense!!

Just make sure to double check this info with a lecturer but I'm fairly sure I'm right as that is how it has been in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

Check with your lecturer/exams offices. The rules are different accross various programmes.

Advertisement