Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personal Issues too busy?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Sounds like a personal issue...
    Just make sure not to post in the Relationship Issues forum :)

i see what you did there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

unhappy face?

yeah. I lked it the way it was. *sticks out bottom lip*

feckin progress!

but now you have the joys of having two forums. twice the fun :P

Progress is a comfortable disease.

-E.E.Cummings -

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

tbh wrote: »
    yeah. I lked it the way it was. *sticks out bottom lip*

Me too.
    But with four pages only a day old, it seemed really stupid having all those threads getting lost in the noise.
    If it quietens down again, we'll meld it back to the way it was.

Beruthiel wrote: »
    Me too.
    But with four pages only a day old, it seemed really stupid having all those threads getting lost in the noise.

ya like earlier on, i wanted to check back on a post i made yesterday but couldn't find the thread at all.. i jus remembered that i made a good post but couldn't remember thread title.

is there any way of seeing posts you've made in PI? they're hidden usually

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

ya like earlier on, i wanted to check back on a post i made yesterday but couldn't find the thread at all.. i jus remembered that i made a good post but couldn't remember thread title.

is there any way of seeing posts you've made in PI? they're hidden usually

Just look at the threads in your control panel?

god i'm an idiot.. subscribed threads seems to do the trick.

years later i find out.. thanks :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Wibbs wrote: »
    Nail on the head. It's easy to be all, "oh cop on!". I can often understand that reaction and god knows I have been tempted, but it's not really helpful in a lot of cases. In some cases it's either downright rude, stupid or shows serious lack of empathy.
    I'm honestly someone who always bears in mind you have to consider context and all problems are relative etc, but jeebus... now and again - and I only mean very, very occasionally - telling them (not attacking/abusing them obviously) to stop being so self-obsessed and to cop on would actually be doing them a favour. I'm also bearing in mind the "you might be able to deal with it but not everyone is" school of thought too. What I'm talking about is stuff that wouldn't be a problem to anyone - concerns/issues that are quite simply non problems.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Beruthiel wrote: »
    Me too.

aye that's a fair point - it's weird when you get to page two and there are still unread threads. And I'm just reading them ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 83,224 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Wow, new forum - its like declaring Martial Law, or Summoning the Megazord, or Something.

attachment.php?attachmentid=74283&stc=1&d=1236294914

edit: you know who would probably love to help moderate the sub forum is RedXIV..

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Ticktactoe

I think its a very good move. It now gives a better chance for people who have a personal issue which is not relationship based a chance to get more replies as more people will read their thread. I for one will not read through 4 pages to see if i can find a thread i am more interested in.

I use to look in PI but to be fair it was all about relationships and that use to put me off as it is not something i would be interested in responding to. I dont mean that people who have relationship problems are not important issues, by no means. If someone is unhappy about something, well then that is an issue. I think setting up the sub forum relationships was a good move.

*now off to read the PI forum...... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Overheal wrote: »
    Wow, new forum - its like declaring Martial Law, or Summoning the Megazord, or Something.

MMPR~168.JPG

edit: you know who would probably love to help moderate the sub forum is RedXIV..

Plus one to the suggestions of redxiv and the zord summoning. Dragon or white tiger for me please.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Nice one Bru.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,224 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Nerin wrote: »
    Plus one to the suggestions of redxiv and the zord summoning. Dragon or white tiger for me please.
    dragon is mine, you get the talking sword.

Gordon wrote: »
    Nice one Bru.

feel20phenomenal201280x1042.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Irn Bru, made in Ireland, with girdles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Yeah, great move. :)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Nice one Bru... we might need a couple more mods maybe??

I didnt realise it had gotten that busy in fact. We've always taken a view that once a forum is going over 20 new threads a day it should be considered for splitting.

DeV.

• Advertisement

DeVore wrote: »
    Nice one Bru... we might need a couple more mods maybe??

I didnt realise it had gotten that busy in fact. We've always taken a view that once a forum is going over 20 new threads a day it should be considered for splitting.
    DeV.

Like AfterHours ? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

We added on fairly recently, it's more that speed at which threads were running and falling off the front page that was an issue.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Alan Rouge wrote: »
    Like AfterHours ? :pac:
    Ok.... 20 threads that couldnt have been started in relevant forums :p

But yeah, we'll have to look at AH soon enough alright I guess...

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

How do you split AH?

Most of the politics threads are rants, there's enough of them in politics.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

i think AH is alrite as it is.. it's a little fast but that's just cause of recession threads. merge them! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

I don't think AH needs splitting. Too much splitting (the social forums, the angry bastard forum etc.) will just lead to fragmentation imo. AH is going through a bit of a bumpy patch mainly down to every second thread being recession based. That's what on people's minds though so there's no point in putting a blanket ban on it. I'm getting a bit stricter with moving/merging threads where appropriate so the normal fun non-recession threads don't get crowded out.

It will die down eventually though. I don't think any major changes are needed.

yea i agree.. but with the state of the economy, the threads are gonna be recession filled for quite a while unfortunately. reading after hours is like reading the indo these days :P

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

yea i agree.. but with the state of the economy, the threads are gonna be recession filled for quite a while unfortunately. reading after hours is like reading the indo these days :P

Probably suggests merging them. Politics can't handle all of them and as you say they will continue.

I'd go with Javaboy, merge them all.

Or create a recession (ala relationship forum in PI or video links) forum in AH.

PS. I don't mind the recession threads, but it is taking away from AH.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055479551&highlight=recession

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055388477&highlight=recession
    Bit silly merging threads if they deal with seperate subjects. Politics tries to be above board straight discussion of politics. AH is the angry worker comin home from a days work and having a vent or chat on the internet , similar to how they would in a pub.

Now them people aren't coming home from work, they are at home*, unemployed , and still venting.

*if they still have their home anymore that is :p

• Advertisement

Should probably move this discussion to here - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055487388

Advertisement