Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Campervan rental

• 03-03-2009 9:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

Myself and 3 others are looking to rent a campervan to go to a music festival in Ireland this sumer. Does anyone know the best rental place to go to.
    We are early 30's and would prefer a campervan than outdoor camping. It would be either a 4 berth or 6 berth. Thanks for reading this and replying your suggestions

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭time lord

camo11 wrote: »
    Myself and 3 others are looking to rent a campervan to go to a music festival in Ireland this sumer. Does anyone know the best rental place to go to.
    We are early 30's and would prefer a campervan than outdoor camping. It would be either a 4 berth or 6 berth. Thanks for reading this and replying your suggestions
    Try Vanderlust based at Shannon Airport. I also see loads of them parked up in Tullamore accross from Mc Donalds drive thru, don't know their name though sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

There's quiet a few companies renting out there, there the likes of www.bunkcampers.com, www.celticcampervans.com, www.motortrek.ie (in Tullamore) etc. Mostly expensive and availability around festival time (<the festival whose name shall not be mentioned>, The Picnic etc) can be limited. There's probably a few dealers out there too that may be happy to rent an older vehicle. Might be worth ringing around.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭connel42

You might try Brian Jackson in Co.Wicklow he has a range of campers for hire at reasonable rates 086 8755245.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭CamperMan

what about caravan rentals?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭camo11

Thanks guys, will have a look into it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 145 ✭✭trishawisha

Hi Camo11, just wondering if you managed to get a campervan? Am in the same situation. We left it soo late as finances have been stretched the last while, but now I reckon we can afford it, trouble is finding it tough to book a campervan. In the cork area, but will travel, 3 girls and one guy, late twenties, early thirties for festival in july

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

You can also rent a VW classic. :)

http://www.lazydays.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 13 MABLACK

We lent our camper (fools that we are)to daughter and boyfriend for "that Festival" last year they had great time but group next door to them on site had bought an old caravan cheaply between them and as long as you have someone who can tow it you are in business, as far as I can remember they had bought it for 200 and didnt intend taking it home (not that I would endorse that kind of behaviour) but the caravan might be a cheaper option than trying to rent a camper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 145 ✭✭trishawisha

Firstly thanks for the replies:)
    Run_to_da_hills, I did look at that site, but seeing as we are 4 adults, that wasnt an option for us. Maybe one day for a romantic weekend away with boyf, they look really quirky and lovely.
    After spending 2 days on the phone managed to finally get one, €800 for 4 nights.....really saucy price I thinks....we've 3 spare beds in it though...chance for the 2 single girlies coming to have sleepovers maybe!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Rain_Dog_Brian

Hi all,
    I'm trying to rent a VW retro campervan for bringing the bride to the church. We are getting married in East Cork in July. I haven't managed to find any other than way up the country (Wicklow) which would mean I have to rent for 3 days.. Can anybody help?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,755 ✭✭✭meercat

rain dog brian try
    type2ireland.org
    post there they might help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 tiresmokindad

camo11 wrote: »

I prefer the 6 berth. I think it is more useful. :D It depends where you will go. There are some places that you can rent the best campervan. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

tiresmokingdad

please do not dig up old threads when you've got nothing to add really

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement