Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Money hungry!!!!

Options
  • 03-03-2009 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Is it just me or are musicians churning out useless music nowadays just for the cash it generates???? it is getting on my nerves now as this seems to be a regular occurrence in today's world. Picking on one in particular ''single ladies'' in my opinion one of the worsley rhymed songs in the annals of pop!:D now correct me if i am wrong but i have a sad feeling that this trend may continue!!!!:(
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭i didn't do it

It' just you:D:D:P:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭in2dblue

If you're insinuating Beyoncé's Single Ladies single is pants then I totally disagree with you :)
    Each to their own I guess..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

you're right but everything is cyclical so it won't last forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,452 ✭✭✭Rigsby

Is it just me or are musicians churning out useless music nowadays just for the cash it generates???? it is getting on my nerves now as this seems to be a regular occurrence in today's world. Picking on one in particular ''single ladies'' in my opinion one of the worsley rhymed songs in the annals of pop!:D now correct me if i am wrong but i have a sad feeling that this trend may continue!!!!:(

Dont blame the musicians, blame the buying public who listen to and buy this music. If there was no money to be made from it, this music would cease to exist almost overnight. The music industry has always been this way.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

in2dblue wrote: »
    If you're insinuating Beyoncé's Single Ladies single is pants then I totally disagree with you :)
    Each to their own I guess..

Its **** for a number of reasons, but the top 2:

1: The melody to it sounds like they just recorded someone riding on a broken mattress. Just listen out for the springs when you hear it again.

2: It finally confirms the assumption that Beyonce is nothing more than a smug sexist hypocrite. First she releases "If I were a boy", a smarmy female walter mitty ditty about the opposite sex which was woefully misguided. Then she releases "Single Ladies", in which she threathens her man that she'll have sex with everything last thing she finds with a pulse, if he doesn't "put a ring on it". Then she releases "Halo" which is diabetically sweet ****ty nonsense about how much she "loves" her man.

It seems to sell records these days, you only have to be a sexist female beating on men in your songs, cause girl power wasn't patethic enough the first time around. And of course, sugary sweet ballads can always be thrown in with the bra burning man bashing "anthems", because people are ****ing stupid enough to pay money for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Mr. Frost

Is it just me or are musicians churning out useless music nowadays just for the cash it generates????

The movie industry does the same thing.

And that fcking 'Single Ladies' song is ball-lickingly bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 byrne-himself

lol looks like i am not the only one who thinks that! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Er, it's pop music. It's lowest common denominator garbage designed to make money, if you want artistic integrity, you shouldn't look towards pop music for it.

It's a widely believed fact that only Tom Waits, cute Japanese girls and hairy Swedish men have artist integrity:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

I like Beyonce :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

kerash wrote: »
    I like Beyonce :)

GTFO :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

As far as I can remember this has always been the case - commercial chart orientated music has always been b0ll0cks. The answer is not to listen to the radio and look online for something better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Swain

God man what kind of rubbish are you exposing your ears to? This is the best time EVER for music, it just depends whether you going to listen to MTV/TOTP's/2FM or try to fin decent music, it's everywhere but it's too much like hard work for some people, go find it or ask about it:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Beyonce is a big enough artist now that she could sing the phone book and it'd sell a million copies. I liked some of her old stuff, but "Single Ladies" is pretty bad alright.

All together now:

"ALL THE SINGLE LADIES,
    all the single ladies,
    ALL THE SINGLE LADIES,
    all the single ladies,
    ALL THE SINGLE LADIES,
    all the single ladies,
    ALL THE SINGLE LADIES,
    all the single ladies,

lalalalalalalala PUT A RING ON IT
    dodododododo PUT A RING ON IT"

(repeat)