Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HSE EMT interviews 2009

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 iron_man

We mite have to wait till the first week in July before we hear anything. That's roughly giving the 2months notice before Sept. Thats what they said when I called HR anyway. Dunno why they put the 24th on the letter tho. So I would just sit back and relax for a bit and try not worry to much if you don't get any news straight away! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭DUBDUBDUB

Who's nervous, Personally I am bricking it. As i said, i think i am a maybe. Anyone here who is confident enough to call themselves a probably??? or even a most likely???

Besides, how may are left on the panel? I reckon about 80-90 or so

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭emer tech

DUBDUBDUB wrote: »
    Who's nervous, Personally I am bricking it. As i said, i think i am a maybe. Anyone here who is confident enough to call themselves a probably??? or even a most likely???

Besides, how may are left on the panel? I reckon about 80-90 or so

Trying to forget about it for a while and thinking about what plan of action to take if i don t get it.... as this has been the plan for the last few years..... kinda put all my eggs in one basket :o

I think the panel only went up to the 90 s, have never heard of anyone sayining they were 102 on the panel..... so say the panel had 100 and 24 are gone that leaves 76 left

I am also all out of eggs. Am just hoping it comes off. I just wish we knew how many they are going to take on each class. They dont have to take on 24 in each.
    Anyhooo, I am not supposed to be untill the October intake by yhe current figures so may not hear anything for a while. Tensions is killing me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 fire emt

Well, I'm ninety something, and as far as I know a friend of mine is around 100. I did brilliant in the apt. test and then got taken to bits in the interview. I have spent most my working life in the Fire-Service so had no recent interview experience. A close friend of mine in the first class of this current panel told me that 2 deferred. That puts them at the back (I feel sorry for them). My friend also told me the class size of the next 2 classes .... 24 I'm afraid. What a bummer. If it was 32 I had a chance. But as we have all seen, anything can change. At the moment I'm waiting to go to England to up-skill, which means leaving my Wife and Kids behind. But I, like the rest of you, have chosen my course in life, so here we all are, in a messed-up country. But stick with it folks, if its what you really want, you can move mountains !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 ilovegalway

Keep the chin up fire emt something will come your way:)

I am beginning to think they meant 24th July on that letter.

DUBDUBDUB wrote: »
    I am beginning to think they meant 24th July on that letter.

Think Iron Man is right ... they will send them 8 weeks before the course starts........ suppose UCD have applications at the moment and Manor will have to wait to get them back.....ah well,

I think I'll have to start putting a bit of colour into my hair ..... all I need now is a big mother f***er of a clock ticking away in the corner ..... AARRRAAAGGHH:cool:

well it s almost the start of a new week....... wonder what this week will bring !!!!!!!
    Next class is most likely Dublin, I know all of us will take what we are given, but what do you think are the advantages/ disadvantages to Dublin and Ballinsloe......

Advantages to Dublin..... New Motorway :D

(just a bit of chat to keep us going for the week ! )

• Advertisement

I agree, a joke to break the Ice ! :D

10 things you dont want to hear when regaining consciousness .....

"I don't know what it is, but hurry up and pack it in ice."

"Hey Charlie, unzip the bag on that one, he's still moving."

"Blink once for 'yes'".

"What do you mean we have the wrong patient?"

"Why is there a tag on his toe?"

"Do you think he can hear us?"

"I didn't even know a human could bend that way."

"I'm sorry, we must not have used enough anesthesia. Just relax now.

We'll be done in a jiffy."

"Hold the patient still, we've almost pried it open."

"Did the doctor know he would look like that afterward?"

"Of course I've performed this operation before, nurse!"

"Nurse, make sure you're getting all this down. It'll make a great 'ER' script."

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Number 11...

"You mean he was a man"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 2bemt

Hi All did anyone get a letter from Manorhamilton today.
    Good or bad news?

2bemt wrote: »
    Hi All did anyone get a letter from Manorhamilton today.
    Good or bad news?

Waiting on the postman..... letters are out today !!!!!!!
    Did you hear anything ?/

This is the main points of the letter..
    Having supplied the info for new conditions, it has been reviewed by NAS and UCD, I have supplied the nessacary and will remain on the panel, but will not be offered a place on the sept intake as I am not high enough on the panel, but will be considered for any further intake during the life of the panel.

I got letter saying i meet the new criteria and will be starting sept 6th..:)
    I m so relived. I was 51 on the panel

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭k_d

see you in september!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Tech Dave

So what qualifications did you's possess to be accepted onto this panel? Leaving Cert Science or EMT? Do you need experience with your EMT qualification or would your placements be enough? Congrats to those who got accepted!

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Sisu200

emer tech wrote: »
    I got letter saying i meet the new criteria and will be starting sept 6th..:)
    I m so relived. I was 51 on the panel

Congratulations Emer Tech, K_d and all others who got the place

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭MN_Medic

I didn't make the cut. Feck it anyway. I guess over 4 years pre hospital care experience doesn't count for anything. It would be easier to get a position in MI5. Ah well, I better get the law books out. :mad: Congratulations to everyone who got offered a place.

• Advertisement

Well done to all.

The last paragraph in my letter reads " I realise that this will bring personal disappointment ........" need I say more!
    :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 medicfar

best of luck everyone i,m out as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 roman candle

Congrats to everyone who got a place for September. Can anyone posting/viewing this thread who is higher than emer tech's 51 on the panel and starting in September let us know what number you are (if that isn't too nosey), it would give those of us left a better idea whether we might get an offer for the October intake. Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Patrick11

Congrats to everyone who got a place for September. Can anyone posting/viewing this thread who is higher than emer tech's 51 on the panel and starting in September let us know what number you are (if that isn't too nosey), it would give those of us left a better idea whether we might get an offer for the October intake. Thanks!

Hi Everyone,

My partner who was no. 30 on the existing recruitment panel received a letter last week saying that he does not meet the new eligibility criteria despite holding a level 6 Fetac advanced certificate in Electrical Science which under the National Framework equates higher than a leaving certificate. He was told that he will now remain dormant on the panel. Any advice

Patrick11 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

My partner who was no. 30 on the existing recruitment panel received a letter last week saying that he does not meet the new eligibility criteria despite holding a level 6 Fetac advanced certificate in Electrical Science which under the National Framework equates higher than a leaving certificate. He was told that he will now remain dormant on the panel. Any advice

They dont accept it.It is purely academic work they are interested in. Loads of guys got knocked off that were tradesmen. It truly is a fkn joke. I know a few punters that are going legal on this as it is down to the learning institution to treat all applicants as individual.
    Some punters got in with degrees but did they meet the criteria specified in the letter?? 5 leaving cert passes including science and maths?? If they got in and didnt meet the criteria they must have looked at their diploma/degree. If they are looking a that then why cant they look at a tradesmen qualification??

Dont tell me that all that got in met the exact requirements to a tee. 48 punters out of less than 90 met the criteria exactly. nonsense?? does anyone else believe that??

Did anyone here get in with "A" levels? Anyone from the north or England etc?

Hi Everyone,

I can't help feel agrieved with this whole process. Basically I was told that quote on quote 'you know the role of an emt has changed quite dramatically over the years and now they are expected to take on a lot of responsibility therefore we do require candidates with a leaving cert.' So there we have it being an electrician working with electricity is not a responsible role but having a leaving certificate is !!!!!!!!!! We might as well walk into every secondary school in Ireland and hand out to every child a folder full of tradesmen certs afterall they are not deemed adequate qualifications just micky mouse papers.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaargh so annoyed.

Just to add I'm sure there were hundreds of applicants who sat the Stage 1 Analytical & Verbal Reasoning Tests who do hold a leaving cert but didn't make it through. And even again I'm sure there were applicants who had a leaving certificate who got as far as Stage 2 Interview they didn't make it through. Yet on the panel there were numerous tradesmen who got through both stages in an open competition but yet they are not academically qualified to get on to the course but obviously were educated enough to get through the selection tests.

HI Everyone,

I got in contact with Public jobs.ie regarding the recruitment process who basically told me that they have nothing to do with the recruitment campaing they just facilitate the admisistrative side of things in that they hold the selections tests on their premises and distrubute answer books etc and organise test dates - nothing else.

I got in contact with the National qualification framework office who told me that it is up to each individual employer wether to take on board the framework or not when recruiting!!!!!!!!! Okay maybe i'm a bit slow but why does such an office exist if it can be ignored by employers another waste of tax payers money. Anyone out there please correct me if I'm wrong.

Waiting on a response from the Public Appointments Commission Board.

Probably wasting my time but I would just love some clarity on the issue with the relevant legislation to back it up. Maybe then things would be clearer for all of those involved and we wouldn't feel like the system has conned us.

Finally my final comment on the situation why go through the public recruitment process in the first place if the final decision lies with the Educational institute providing the course. Could they not have held their own interviews without doing the ridiculious stage 1 and 2 tests which by the way now seem to count for nothing.

Please please please anyone out their correct me if I am wrong and completely got the wrong end of the stick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭Elessar

Patrick I think you should just leave it at this stage. It's up to UCD regarding who they want to take in, not the PAS, PACB or any other government quango. They could all agree with you but cannot force UCD to take students without their requirements.

Advertisement