Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HSE EMT interviews 2009

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Patrick11

Hi Elessar

Yep so true what you say at the end of the day a decision has already being made c'est la vie.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭DUBDUBDUB

So, well done to you all who got in. When do you guys have your medicals??
    Its well deserved folks, I wish you the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭emer tech

DUBDUBDUB wrote: »
    So, well done to you all who got in. When do you guys have your medicals??
    Its well deserved folks, I wish you the best.

Hi DUB, medicals are on this week in Tullamore !

emer tech wrote: »
    Hi DUB, medicals are on this week in Tullamore !

Well i might see you soon.Mine is next week in Tullamore. I got in September class pending medical and refs. Someone else pulled out. I just found out today!!!

YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEE:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭k_d

nice one dub,
    whens the medical?

k_d wrote: »
    nice one dub,
    whens the medical?

I am in on Tuesday, going for eye test today and meeting my Doc for details regarding vaccines etc.

Need to get to a commissioner or solicitor asap also

walk into any solicitor office with a passport or drivers licence they should do it for you

looks like its finally coming together after all worrying...

Any others on the boards that got through ????????
    Just throwing it this idea out... Any one interested in meeting up before the course starts even the sunday night before ??
    Might may it less daunting... just an idea

Ya im on for that, anyone got ideas for accomadation, im hoping to get a space in a friends house 5 min walk from there, :)

Whats the next stage? will we get contracts out>

k

• Advertisement

Ya im on for that, anyone got ideas for accomadation, im hoping to get a space in a friends house 5 min walk from there, :)

Whats the next stage? will we get contracts out>

k

Hi K D.
    I rang a house yesterday... the lady rents out rooms to student paramedics .... i ll text on the details. just another option for you...

Suppose, garda clearance and refs . think the garda clearance will take months anyway, we will be started before they hear from them !!!!!!! Or maybe they have someone to specifically do public job' clearance ????

i think we get some priority for the Garda check. If people want to meet up sometime beforehand I am up for that. If I can make it i will be there

whats next? will we get contracts sent out?

whats next? will we gt contacts sent out?

Did anyone hear of their Refs being checked ????? last class only got their contracts the week before i think !!!

refs to be checked next week as far as I am aware

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 durka durka

new to this...... just got a phone call from manorhamilton to advise they are checking references today.... anybody else get this call??

hey, ya got a call yesturday. think its standard,its been a year and a half nearly since we put them down!!

new to this...... just got a phone call from manorhamilton to advise they are checking references today.... anybody else get this call??

Hi durka durka,
    Welcome aboard :) I know a few of us have got the call, finally things are moving on.

i know that they contacted one of mine today. So all good!!

anyone had a look?

Exam dates up and also looks like there will be a class starting in ballinasloe after us

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭cardoor

Is it the 8th Group that is starting in September?
    I see people are talking about checking referees; Is this for the 8th or 9th class?
    I have not applied for it yet but do people here think they will advertise in the next 6 months?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 SAR.

Hi everyone! just joined up boards but been trying to catch up on the goings on. Here is where i stand... i've no leaving cert, well i do but just not what ucd require i've my c1 and d1 and a load of first aid courses done.. Didnt pass the interview stage. Was just wondering if anyone who got through that was in the same boat as me would have any tips or advice on any courses i could do for next time? was also told that next time they advertise its going to be in black and white and made very clear that you need your leaving cert plus a science subject.. Hoping i wont have to go down that road again. Can anyone please help with advice, Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭Elessar

SAR. wrote: »
    Hi everyone! jus joined up boards but been tryin to catch up on the goings on. Here is where i stand... i've no leaving cert, well i do but jus not what ucd require i've my c1 and d1 and a load of first aid courses done.. Didnt past the interview stage. Was jus wonderin if anyone who got through that was in the same boat as me would have any tips or advice in any courses i could do for nxt time? was also told that nxt time they advertise its going to be in black and white and made very clear that u need your leaving cert plus a science subject.. Hopin wont have to go down that road again :eek: Can anyone please help with advice, Thanks

Hi, welcome,

It has been confirmed that applicants will need a leaving cert with minimum 5 passes and a science subject, or EMT licence with relevant experience in lieu of the science subject. There is no way around that one I'm afraid. They have let current panel members know and those who do not have a LC are essentially off the panel.

cardoor wrote: »
    Is it the 8th Group that is starting in September?
    I see people are talking about checking referees; Is this for the 8th or 9th class?
    I have not applied for it yet but do people here think they will advertise in the next 6 months?

The 8th class is starting in Sept, referances are for the Sept class. 9th class due to start in Oct.
    Exam dates are up, 8th class in Jan, 9th class in March.
    There are rumours that a recruitment will take place in the next few months...... but you won t know for sure until it s actually advertised on public jobs or national newspaper.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

SAR. wrote: »
    Hi everyone! jus joined up boards but been tryin to catch up on the goings on. Here is where i stand... i've no leaving cert, well i do but jus not what ucd require i've my c1 and d1 and a load of first aid courses done.. Didnt pass the interview stage. Was jus wonderin if anyone who got through that was in the same boat as me would have any tips or advice on any courses i could do for nxt time? was also told that nxt time they advertise its going to be in black and white and made very clear that u need your leaving cert plus a science subject.. Hopin wont have to go down that road again. Can anyone please help with advice, Thanks

Welcome to boards. Please read the charter, and specifically this thread.

Thanks.

Hi Elessar thanks for the welcome and the info. not really what i wanted to hear but thats always the way.. Do you know what level your subjects have to be? I have lower level maths was just wondering if that would be enough? Did anyone else get in with lower level subjects? Still need to get a science subject, im kinda friends with a teacher who said she would give me as many private lessons as i wanted and that i should be fit to sit the exam next june. Might jus get the head down in sept and tear into it. Anyone else going back to the books to study for it?

Sorry about that

cool, so do we know when we get contracts now that references have been checked or is there another step before we get official confirmation??

Alls passed onto contracts department when medicals and refs have come back ok. Presume that should be next week.

finishing work this week :) 2 weeks :) having a contract before friday would really make the 2 weeks better!!

• Advertisement

anybody have any ideas/recommendations for accommodation near the training college??? was thinking of staying in the hotel for the first few nights until i can get somewhere better or until i see what the best options are??

Advertisement