Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HSE EMT interviews 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭k_d

Not sure what to do either? I have a friend that has offered me a floor for a while tho i think that could be a distraction!!

Will probably do the hotel for the 1st week and see how things go. Will only be doin monday to friday. Have you got far to travel?

k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 durka durka

ya i have the same option with a friend but thats in swords so i reckon thats a bit far out, the west county hotel is the nearest as far as i know?? ya have way too far to travel up and down so will probably do the hotel for the first week aswell. i was chatting to one of the trainees from the the last group in pheonix park and he said there are local b&b's that do rates for trainee paramedics and that the college will probably be able to give us a list of them when we get there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 SAR.

Can anyone who got through please let me know what level they accept in the 5 passes required? Or if you could let me know who might know because manorhamilton doesnt seem to know much about it. They said its to early yet because the rule was just passed and there's still alot to be discussed by nas and ucd before they pass the information onto manor.... Thats what they told me anyway. Any information would be appreciated..

Sorry, I forgot to say this earlier in my first post..A big congrats to everyone who got through, well done folks. You all deserve a pat on the back. All your hard work is finally starting to pay off. I wish i was like k d and the rest of you and was finishing up work to start training in a few weeks. Maybe next tmie :cool: Anyway just wanted to wish you all the best of luck and hope everything goes well for you all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭Elessar

SAR. wrote: »
    Can anyone who got through please let me know what level they accept in the 5 passes required? Or if you could let me know who might know because manorhamilton doesnt seem to know much about it. They said its to early yet because the rule was just passed and there's still alot to be discussed by nas and ucd before they pass the information onto manor.... Thats what they told me anyway. Any information would be appreciated..

The only info available at the moment is "Applicants must be in possession of a minimum of five passes in the Leaving Certificate examination (including one mathematics plus one science subject ), or academic equivalent."

• Advertisement

Elessar wrote: »
    The only info available at the moment is "Applicants must be in possession of a minimum of five passes in the Leaving Certificate examination (including one mathematics plus one science subject ), or academic equivalent."

Thanks Elessar but got phone call from ucd today and they told me that all subjects have to be in ordinary level. Foundation level wont be accepted. Thanks anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

The very best of luck to all of you who are about to start your training into joining a career that is hugely rewarding, yet difficult at times, but your training and your colleagues will help you with the difficult times.
    The career as a Paramedic is very enjoyable and rewarding, but the pathway to becoming a Paramedic is not an easy one, the studying is hard and the exams are tough, but you've come this far so don't give up the hard work, because it's just about to begin, but every day of your career will make the tough studying worth it.
    I work in one of the busiest stations in the country so we get a lot of students doing their placements with us, so chances are I will get the opportunity to meet quite a few of you and help you through your 3rd person placements and I look forward to it.
    I have followed this thread for some time now and have seen the happiness of those getting through, and the sorrow of those who didn't, don't give up.

To those of you about to start your training, the very best of luck to you all and I will see some of you and work with you on your placements.

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭coolmoose

Bang Bang wrote: »
    ...to those of you about to start your training, the very best of luck to you all...

Well said Bang Bang, best of luck to all beginning their training in the coming weeks, and no doubt myself and buzzman will see some of you if you end up in the MW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 jonnymed1c

Hi Just wondering if anyone has heard regarding october intake, I was place 63rd on panel and qaulifications have been accepted.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭k_d

hey

looks like there will be a class in october
    http://nats.ie/

have a look at the bottom of the page. think the class that was called touches numbers in the mid 50's so your probably sorted if qualifications,medical, refs etc check...

but...this tread has swung so many times anything is possible!!

best of luck, k

• Advertisement

cheers KD yes well I was told by hr in manorhamilton that I would not make september but highly likey that I would get in to october intake.

Just wondering when we get confirmation of that etc.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 2bemt

Hey All, Just got News.
    October class is going ahead.
    Just got offered a place starts 18-10-2010
    Great News for more people.

2bemt wrote: »
    Hey All, Just got News.
    October class is going ahead.
    Just got offered a place starts 18-10-2010
    Great News for more people.

Thats great news for you 2bemt and any anyone else who got the same news. Fair play

I finally got a place, out of all the places I have applied its the Irish ambulance service who have made me very happy, got the text tonight to say Im getting offer for october intake.

My dream Has come true!

I shall be meeting some of y'all then lol

Heard this morning that they're going to start the ball rolling again late sept or early oct for the next recruitment drive.I think they should sort out the panel they have at the minute before taking on another one. I'd say that only means that they're starting to have meetings with all concerned like the interviewing panel etc. Probably be after new year before anything happens on this side. I wont be going anytime soon anyway :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 srt

SAR, I got in to the October '10 class. The Leaving cert is a FETAC level 5 major award. So if you hold any awards of level 5 major or higher it will cancel out your need to have the leaving cert, maths, science and 5 passes. NFQ.ie will clarify your award equivalent. But send in everything you have anyway for the UCD/NATS assessment.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭touge_drift

ive a fetac level 6 but im not sure that would cover me. i have a leaving cert with biology, but will probablly have to repeat maths as i only done foundation.

touge drift, Having a complete fetec level 6 award is a greater equivalent than the leaving certificate. You need to submit evidence of same. This is achieved by gathering all information you can get from the L.C. and all information you can get from your specific award from FETAC and NFQ and submit it in for the NATS/UCD assessment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭Elessar

srt wrote: »
    touge drift, Having a complete fetec level 6 award is a greater equivalent than the leaving certificate. You need to submit evidence of same. This is achieved by gathering all information you can get from the L.C. and all information you can get from your specific award from FETAC and NFQ and submit it in for the NATS/UCD assessment.

Someone already asked UCD and they stated that they won't accept anything else in lieu of the Leaving Cert, save international equivalents (i.e. A-levels).

i find it funny that you can do any other course as a mature student even medicine but ucd want leaving cert results for this.

• Advertisement

Hi srt! What you said about fetac and any courses you might have is true, BUT it only counts for anyone who is on the excisting panel. As from the next recruitment drive on you will not even get to sit the aptitude test if you dont have a leaving cert with ordinary level maths and science. Any other courses or fetac levels you have will only get you brownie points if you get as far as the interview stage. That info came from UCD and i made the call myself.If anyone else is on the same boat and wants to double check i would be delighted to be corrected on this. But for now anyway i will have to resit my maths exam in ordinary level next june to be able to apply again.

Hi srt! What you said about fetac and any courses you might have is true, BUT it only counts for anyone who is on the excisting panel. As from the next recruitment drive on you will not even get to sit the aptitude test if you dont have a leaving cert with ordinary level maths and science. Any other courses or fetac levels you have will only get you brownie points if you get as far as the interview stage. That info came from UCD and i made the call myself.If anyone else is on the same boat and wants to double check i would be delighted to be corrected on this. But for now anyway i will have to resit my maths exam in ordinary level next june to be able to apply again.

same as myself, have to find a night time course to do lc maths at ordinary level. this year

The info I quoted is for the existing panel only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 flashin blues

Im the same its looking like i'll have to go back to the books aswell. Could be worse! Then again by the time we get our leaving cert they'll probably have moved the posts again and again and again

Is there exams or something going on that i dont know about? Its very quiet in here!

Hi again. More bad news im afraid. i read one of the threads posted by someone here saying that A levels in uk/england are equivalent to the irish leaving cert. Just an update for anyone thinking of going down that road...... You cant study A level subjects (leaving cert) without having sat the same subject in GCSE's (junior cert) If i could curse i would..

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭emer tech

Contracts are out today :) Have to be sent back by next wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭MN_Medic

Hi again. More bad news im afraid. i read one of the threads posted by someone here saying that A levels in uk/england are equivalent to the irish leaving cert. Just an update for anyone thinking of going down that road...... You cant study A level subjects (leaving cert) without having sat the same subject in GCSE's (junior cert) If i could curse i would..

Curse away SAR. I have been for over 2 months now. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭DUBDUBDUB

Well folks, wont be long now. Does anyone have a clear idea about the course structure with regards to inhouse exams etc. I noticed in contract that if you are required to resit 4 or more in house exams your outta there!!

Any more info? any guys reading this that are already in training that could shed some light in this?

Thanks in advance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭DUBDUBDUB

Did anyone have problems printing out one of the emailed documents?? I cant seem to get any more than 4 of the answer sheets printed. The timetable and pre course info printed grand but the third pdf was a no no

Advertisement