Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HSE EMT interviews 2009

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭emer tech

Oh my..... you are very organised DUBDUBDUB :) Hav nt done it yet ,, but i ll let you know.... could stick a copy in the post for you if you want ?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭DUBDUBDUB

I will try to print again today using another system and see how it goes. I might need to take you up on the offer though!!Thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 jonnymed1c

hi just wondering if anyone from the september 2010 intake can let me know what the occupational health assessment was like?

many thanks Jonny

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭DUBDUBDUB

jonnymed1c wrote: »
    hi just wondering if anyone from the september 2010 intake can let me know what the occupational health assessment was like?

many thanks Jonny

Easy enough, no requirement for running , press ups etc. Just BMI, BP, hip to wist ratio, a few questions, bloods taken, you give them an eyesight report from an optician, urine sample.

Then out, takes about 15 mins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 johnny_rad

Hey guys

Firstly congratulations to all that have made it this far, has been a long and arduous road. All set for Monday? Any somebody sorted accommodation for Dublin?

Johnny

• Advertisement

Hi Johnny.

Im staying in hotel sunday night..... staying in a house in palmerstown after that. The lady rents out rooms for student paramedics. PM me if you want details.

Hi Emer

All details would be appreciated. I am going down to Dublin today to check things out.

Johnny

johnny_rad wrote: »
    Hi Emer

All details would be appreciated. I am going down to Dublin today to check things out.

Johnny

PM SENT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 2bemt

Only Days away now for all in the September Class.
    Wish you all the best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 2bemt

HI All,
    Anyone from the October Class any Ideas re accommadation?

• Advertisement

emer tech wrote: »
    PM SENT

Hey

Went up and had a look around the college, there is an A.P course going on at the moment so plenty of paramedics about. After getting an accommodation list off the receptionist, myself and another guy I know starting on monday went to look at the west county. It's ok but I wanted a gym and pool (good to unwind and prepare for evening study).

I then went over to the Clarion, over at liffey valley. The facilities are very good and have decided to stay there. There is a 20m pool and well equipped gym, the rooms are very nice. It is costing 55e a night room only but after talking to manager, he said something might be able to be done with the price if more students stay there. A bit costly but having the facilities are a massive bonus.

Johnny

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭k_d

Anyone about the hotel this evening?
    PM ill be able to get it,. the countdown is on!

k_d wrote: »

Hi K d hope to be there at the west county around 7.30...... see you there :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

No beers lads, get the head on the pillow early:p
    and the very best of luck to you all;)

ALL THE BEST TO EVERYONE STARTING THE PARAMEDIC TRIANING IN THE MORNING!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 SAR.

Just a wee line to wish everyone starting training today the very best of luck. Im sure you will all come out the other side smiling. All the best If anyone wants to let the rest of us know how the first day went and what was involved we'd love to hear. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 flashin blues

Im just going to post this to keep the site active and stop them from shutting it down because everyone seems to have disappeared or something!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭coolmoose

Im just going to post this to keep the site active and stop them from shutting it down because everyone seems to have disappeared or something!

Nope, it's just that this thread relates to people who applied during 2009 for the NAS.

The latest discussion regarding 2010 entry and upcoming recruitment has moved to here

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭k_d

think its because none of us have had the time to get on here....

what a week.... finally get some spare time!!

think its because none of us have had the time to get on here....

what a week.... finally get some spare time!!

What a week is right.... course is very intense but enjoyable.
    I would advise anyone starting on the Oct course to start studying A&P especially the cell, tissue s, muscles, and heart.
    Best of luck to everyone starting in ballinasloe soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 roman candle

Hey Emer Tech,

Thanks for that update! Due to start in Ballinasloe in October, can you recommend and specific reading material being used on the course that would be worth getting our hands on at this stage? Thanks.

hi just wondering if sept intake have been told about how the placements are going to work.

can you be placed a good distance from your training school. for instance your trianing in balinasloe could you get placed in the likes of monaghan or dundalk (just examples)?

just trying to think of wot way things would work then if your paying for accomadation in galway and then ur a good distance drive from your placement facility.

appreciate any feedback Jonny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Patrick11

Hi just a quick update. Received notification yesterday that the 2009/10 HSE EMT panel is to be extended to August 2011.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 fire emt

I've a funny one. I'm on that panel (09) and am doing the L.C. maths (on-line) to get onto the course, but to keep my options open I've moved to England to up-skill, leaving my wife and kids behind. It may therefore happen that when I start the paramedic course with the HSE (UCD) that I already will be a PHECC registered paramedic. What a funny world this is! :rolleyes:

Hey Emer Tech,

Thanks for that update! Due to start in Ballinasloe in October, can you recommend and specific reading material being used on the course that would be worth getting our hands on at this stage? Thanks.

Hi Roman Candle,
    I ve just invested in 'Anatomy and Physiology for dummies'.
    If it s been awhile since you ve done biology or something similar, you should get this book.
    You will be supplied with books on the course but they can be hard to understand !!!!!
    Best of luck on the course,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 fire emt

emer tech wrote: »
    Hi Roman Candle,
    I ve just invested in 'Anatomy and Physiology for dummies'.
    If it s been awhile since you ve done biology or something similar, you should get this book.
    You will be supplied with books on the course but they can be hard to understand !!!!!
    Best of luck on the course,

Funny that you should mention that book 'Anatomy and Physiology for dummies', I'm sharing a room with a fella, and that book is lying on the locker beside me. It's impressed me ...:) Good luck with the course Roman Candle - chin up, head down!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

Hey Emer Tech,

Ross & Wilson - anatomy and physiology....this is a must for any Paramedic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 roman candle

Thanks guys for the info on the reading material, will get on it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭coolmoose

Ross & Wilson - anatomy and physiology....this is a must for any Paramedic.

I agree, a fantastic book, and definitely worth a read pre-training. However, this is provided to you once you are offered a training place. My advice would be to try and get a loan of a copy from someone if you want to do some reading beforehand, save yourself buying another copy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

coolmoose wrote: »
    I agree, a fantastic book, and definitely worth a read pre-training. However, this is provided to you once you are offered a training place. My advice would be to try and get a loan of a copy from someone if you want to do some reading beforehand, save yourself buying another copy!

Didn't realise that!! Is that a new thing or has it always been around?

Advertisement