Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HSE EMT interviews 2009

Options
1121314151618»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭coolmoose

I don't know to be honest NGA, I know it's the norm to be issued Nancy Caroline and Ross & Wilson pre-course from NASC since 2008. PHTLS and PEPP books are provided on loan from the college for the duration of those courses during your training with the option to purchase them if you want afterwards. Roadcraft is given out on loan also from what I can recall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 fire emt

I'm weak ..............:)

fire emt wrote: »
    I'm weak ..............:)

Good news? :)

coolmoose wrote: »
    Good news? :)

I don't know, maybe I'm asleep, and am dreaming. But in this dream I got a text telling me to check my email ..... and this email had news telling me that I could, if I so choose, throw down the x times y and pick up my a & e ..... ah shucks ..... could not be true could it ???????? after the guts of 2 years of hoping ..... My God if this is true ..... WHAT TIME IS MASS!

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

I don't know, maybe I'm asleep, and am dreaming. But in this dream I got a text telling me to check my email ..... and this email had news telling me that I could, if I so choose, throw down the x times y and pick up my a & e ..... ah shucks ..... could not be true could it ???????? after the guts of 2 years of hoping ..... My God if this is true ..... WHAT TIME IS MASS!

See my post in the 2010 thread, I posted it today.

Apparently anyone on the panel that was in existence when the UCD criteria was changed but who were prevented from going further due to not meeting the criteria, are now getting a second chance after the change of criteria was overruled for that panel.
    So good news for some and the best of luck to you all.

• Advertisement

I'm not dreaming so, THANK YOU to whoever made this happen. I'm presently unemployed with a number of kids, and life recently has been so hard, to think it's nearly over ...... Thank you

I'm not dreaming so, THANK YOU to whoever made this happen. I'm presently unemployed with a number of kids, and life recently has been so hard, to think it's nearly over ...... Thank you

Well done fire emt, I'm delighted for you. But hurry and check your emails as those who have received them have a very short time frame to accept, I think you must reply by next Wednesday!

Bang Bang wrote: »
    Well done fire emt, I'm delighted for you. But hurry and check your emails as those who have received them have a very short time frame to accept, I think you must reply by next Wednesday!

I accepted 5 minutes later ....... hey, I've been waiting nearly 2 years. That's why it's so hard to believe.:D

I accepted 5 minutes later ....... hey, I've been waiting nearly 2 years. That's why it's so hard to believe.:D

Brilliant. The very best of luck :D

Bang Bang wrote: »
    Brilliant. The very best of luck :D

Thank you, I just hope that something else does not mess things up ..... so far ...... things have been tough!

• Advertisement

Best of luck fire emt... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 speedy88

hi fire emt well done did they tell you when you are starting?

speedy88 wrote: »

Closing date for acceptance from fire emt's panel is next Wednesday 16th February and those accepting will be offered a place in the class due to start in May 2011.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 medicfar

emtally did you do emt course before you joined

our is this all taught to you in the course

speedy88 wrote: »

No, it all depends on numbers, May or October ...... either way ...... I've the books out, and the head down. This has been a long haul, and it's far from over. A few years ago I asked a friend (Paramedic) about being a Paramedic and he said to me ..... If only I knew what was ahead of me!:eek:

But I'm similing :D

hi all

anyone going on the 9 march

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 srt

Congratulations to everyone starting this month and in may.
    My biggest regret was not doing the emt course first before I started last october.
    It would be a good investment (but not essential) for anyone who has not got it to fit it in before starting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 speedy88

medicfar do you mean 21st of march??? This is the start date of class 10 from the first group from the 2010 panel.

No the 2009 panel

have orientation day 9 march for 9 may

medicfar wrote: »
    hi all

anyone going on the 9 march

I'm going on the 9th Medicfar, what about yourself? will we all meet up in the Park? talk about what we've be doing for the last 2 years ...... like old times ..... Ha Ha :D

• Advertisement

anyone know whats the story with the contracts

I've heard that we will get them around Easter, fingers crossed:)

Advertisement