Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HSE EMT interviews 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭emer tech

If i had put as much preparation into the leaving cert god know's where i d be now :D . . just wish we knew what is going on, all this uncertainty is a pain,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 standclear

interviews any day from the 20th April according to info pack...will probably get a weekor so notice I'd say..how are you 'preparing for interview'?? other than memorizing the heroic,problem solving yet not under stress scenarios?:)
    SC

Hi Standclear,
    did an interview prep day, which involved ,what interviewers are looking for, how to sell yourself what type of questions may come up ect ,
    Feel a bit more confident after it. . .

well it s offical now, interviews are postponed:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 COS1

Interwiews are postponed. I just got a txt msg from HSE, "URGENT interwiews for EMT Trainee are postponed. we will contact you in due course" What a Bummer.:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Yeah got the text too. Just happened to be on the phone to them when it came through. Can't believe it. I thought the embargo excluded emergency medical technicians. They told me in manorhamilton there was no word as to when recruitment might start again or even if it would be this year. Hopefully its only a small delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Yeah got the text too. Just happened to be on the phone to them when it came through. Can't believe it. I thought the embargo excluded emergency medical technicians. They told me in manorhamilton there was no word as to when recruitment might start again or even if it would be this year. Hopefully its only a small delay.

Thwey sound like they know absolutely nothing up there!

IN fairness they know about as much as we do. The girl I spoke to was suprised to hear about it, She told me the letters were all ready to be posted this evening and that they got the call at half four to postpone interviews. But she did say that anyone waiting for interviews would be called forth as soon as they allow recruitment.

I'm getting onto the local politician to find out what the crack is. Bloody Fianna Fail have this country screwed, Those of us who want to work cant get jobs cause they have them all stopped!!!!!!

Hopefully its only a small delay and all will be back in action soon.

I wonder are the class due to start in May still starting???

Moratorium my hole!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 lucky_1

hey, i got the bad news text today as well, i suppose the only positive thing we can take from it is that when they do proceed with the interviews the demand from within the service will be high so hopefully they will form a big panel from our group of interviews and use both ballinasloe and dublin to run courses.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

is it possible that the ambulance service could start using more privates, the prison service the same for prisoner transport and likewise the gardai, a suggestion made at agsi conference. this would i presume fall outside the recruitment freeze and prove more cost effective for the government.

no shortage then of lesser paid, pensionless jobs in ill fitting polo shirts

and they call me a cynic

letter from the dept of finance 27/3/09

5. No offers of appointment, promotion or allowance for the performance of
    duties of a higher grade may be made from the date of this letter without the approval
    of the Minister for Finance (any such offer in progress should not proceed without the
    express approval of this Department). Competitions/promotions currently in progress
    should not proceed further without the express sanction of this Department.
    6. The terms of the Government Decision as set out in this letter apply to the
    Department of Health and Children and non-commercial state bodies under the aegis

hopefully we are just waiting for approval, he hardly sign it off during his easter hoilday's though, hope someone in the HSE is fighting our corner:rolleyes:

emer tech wrote: »
    [
    hopefully we are just waiting for approval, he hardly sign it off during his easter hoilday's though, hope someone in the HSE is fighting our corner:rolleyes:
    [/FONT]

Hopefully that is all that needs to be done. I spoke with a local paramedic this morning and he tells me that there is a serious division between the private ambulance crews and the HSE crews apparantly they dont get on at all. He told me that there is something going on with the unions in this regards but couldnt tell me too much.

He couldnt see the recruitment stopped for too long as they have serious staffing issues and the cost of having the lesser trained privates ( not all of them I'm aware they have a few paramedics too ) far outwieghs the cost of putting some more through the training process. Having the privates also puts their level of service back to a standard last seen a few years back when the ambulance crews were only trained to EMT level.

Im meeting a local TD this afternoon with very good connections within the HSE and Ill be asking him to do a bit of investigation into the matter its the least he can do seen as both myself and my whole family supported him in the last election!!!!! Shame he's Fianna Fail though.....

Hi omera darragh,

can't see them taking on more private's as there is on going issues with them and the HSE (don't want to offend anyone in the private's)
    and it's a well known fact the ambulance service is understaffed, my partner is a paramedic and there's plenty of overtime in his area.

these recruitment campaigns costs alot of money they won't just abandon it , we' ll be called in the near future i'd say
    it's just not knowing what's going on is a pain in the ass

let us know how you get on with your local TD.

Hi all. I asked a paramedic to see if he could find out what was going on for me and he came back with what Emers letter above says. So i would take a guess and say the delay should not be anymore than 4 weeks.

Heres Hoping.:o good luck all.

HEALTH SECTOR

Q: Will the Moratorium apply in the Health Sector?

A: The moratorium will apply in the health sector but there will be flexibility to allow for the continued development of integrated health care, particularly primary and community care, care of the elderly and people with disabilities.

Q: How will this work, what grades will be covered?

A: Based on the 2008 employment outturn and the provision for development posts (225 posts in cancer care and disability services) in the 2009 Budget, the opening 2009 employment control ceiling for the health sector is 111,800.

There will be a general moratorium on recruitment, promotion and acting appointments to all management and administrative grades and all other grades in the health sector, except for Hospital Consultants, certain other health professionals such as Speech and Language Therapists, Occupational Therapists etc and Emergency Medical Technicians. Posts in these key grades which become vacant may be filled and a limited number of new posts may be created within the overall numbers ceiling and moratorium policy. There will need to be a reduction in posts in non-priority areas to compensate for any new posts created, and redeployment between institutions and between the hospital and primary, community and continuing care sectors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 2bemt

Hi All,
    I would say there should be more news from next week on regarding interviews. With the cost of opening the new school and still running the Dublin School. The HSE and Nats cant afford to stop it all now. Once class 6 has gotten underway we should start to know more .

Best of luck to all once interviews commence.

Interviews back on from week commencing 11th of May:)
    Thank god !
    I have EMT exams on the monday and tuesday that week, is it possible to change interview day if it falls on them days ?

Interviews will now take place now on week (may 11th 2009). Happy days. good luck to all.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11 EMTrying

Great to see interviews back on, though could have done without the uncertainty of the first txt!
    Hey emer tech where did you do your EMT course, was it through a vol or private?

• Advertisement

Hi EMTtrying,

doing the EMT course with the vols, been waiting for 2 years to get this far,now every thing happens on the same day ;)
    If it comes to it i might able to sit june exams.
    Great news about interviews being back on, thought we have to wait a good bit longer, at least we have more time to prepare:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 EMTrying

I was talking to someone who was able to switch days for the the selection test, so maybe you could ring up before the letters go out. Good luck with the exam anyhow!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 eviem

hey i rang the recruitment office for the hse, to see when the next recruitment drive will be and they think it wont be untill october/ november 2010? could it be that far away? i just missed the last deadline by two weeks :( if anybody has any info for the next one i would be delighted to hear more :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

eviem wrote: »
    hey i rang the recruitment office for the hse, to see when the next recruitment drive will be and they think it wont be untill october/ november 2010? could it be that far away? i just missed the last deadline by two weeks :( if anybody has any info for the next one i would be delighted to hear more :)

No one could have any idea at this stage! Would depend on demand and how fast the currect panel runs out etc

i thought it was a bit premature to know already. :rolleyes: hopefull it will be much sooner than that. does anybody know any good 1 year plc type courses to do in the mean time? if it will be over the year mark for the recruiting... i am in college doing a three year course and im not enjoying it. i want to be an emt and id rather finish out this year and work towards the emt training ect. i am currently a first year so if i did wait till maybe the oct/ nov 2010 it would be silly to give up my degree course in the final year? does anybody know how to join the order of malta/ red cross ect? i emailed them but no reply. i am living in mullingar if anybody knows anything, cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 lucky_1

Hows everybody, i got my letter today from manorhamilton with interview date, lookin forward to it now!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭target assassin

good luck buddy

eviem wrote: »
    i thought it was a bit premature to know already. :rolleyes: hopefull it will be much sooner than that. does anybody know any good 1 year plc type courses to do in the mean time? if it will be over the year mark for the recruiting... i am in college doing a three year course and im not enjoying it. i want to be an emt and id rather finish out this year and work towards the emt training ect. i am currently a first year so if i did wait till maybe the oct/ nov 2010 it would be silly to give up my degree course in the final year? does anybody know how to join the order of malta/ red cross ect? i emailed them but no reply. i am living in mullingar if anybody knows anything, cheers :)

Hi eviem, there's an order of malta unit in Mullingar, st mary's hospital, longford road, you could go down there and meet them for a chat, always looking for volunteers:) I have the number if you want to pm me. also get your licence's D1 & C1 if you don't have them already,

Also got interview date, best of luck to everyone .:)
    Anyone know if the may class is going ahead, anyone here due to start on it ?

• Advertisement

hi emer thanks for that, im only new to bords so im not able to mail you untill i have 25 posts up and ive about t20 more to go, can you email me that no.? please my email is <snip> and well dont on getting an interview thats brilliant news, im so jealous!! :p best of luck with the interview anyway and keep us posted on how it goes.. my fingers will be crossed for you...

Advertisement